Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an issue that has been beat to death but just trying to figure out the cause. No Turbo, just Weller flash and full exhaust.

So the thing is that a month ago I took it out in the mountains and did some normal trail riding just cruising, never saw temps over 190.

A few days ago I went out and it was about 92 degrees outside. Granted I was screaming down the trails, even redlined 5th gear a few times, but temps shot up to 239. Slowed down to bring it down to under 230, then parked and let it idle for a while and it came right back down to about 186 more or less. Was running around 220's from then on, but 240 definitely caught my attention.

Radiator was removed and cleaned not too long ago and the system was obviously bled as well. I know the relocation is the ultimate fix, but it's a small bed and it's going to get cramped real quick between a radiator, S&B particle separator, fuel cell and spare tire (no room for cooler???). It's probably just me but anyone ever worry about a leak or overheating and having the radiator right behind you? Plus, I've kind of got used to being able to check my 6 through the mirror.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am right with you, mine ran hot. I put the CBR radiator with stock fan and last ride out it never crossed 200. Same set up you have. There is some modification involved with new radiator. Filler neck is off center and overflow nipple is bigger requiring adapter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am right with you, mine ran hot. I put the CBR radiator with stock fan and last ride out it never crossed 200. Same set up you have. There is some modification involved with new radiator. Filler neck is off center and overflow nipple is bigger requiring adapter.
So you just upgraded the radiator but kept it in the stock location? Does the cab still get nice and warm then?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I finally ordered a relocate kit after seeing that they did it on the stock 19. If your in a cold climate and not pushing the machine too hard then the stock set up is fine. But hard riding or big dunes would push my temps into the 220-230 range. And the cab is like an oven.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally ordered a relocate kit after seeing that they did it on the stock 19. If your in a cold climate and not pushing the machine too hard then the stock set up is fine. But hard riding or big dunes would push my temps into the 220-230 range. And the cab is like an oven.
Same here, just ordered mine as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hess.

I was going to go the dual fan jeep radiator route from Amazon or Ebay, but since I'm not good at fab work or wiring I'd have to pay someone for the install and that defeats the purpose.

This way I get a CBR and can do it at home. So far the service from Hess has been good, they're great people to talk too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts