Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's been answered, but hours searching hasn't yielded an answer.
Short course sxs racing is starting to grow here in Northern California, and I've got my 2 boys in trophy karts.
Tomorrow I'm going to the local dealer to buy a new yxz to convert for strickly short course racing. I have been road racing for years and am very familiar with manuals.
My question is: what is more popular or the preferred transmission type in short course racing. I'm inclined to go 3 pedal, just curious if the fast guys find the ss to be better. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
how north? I'm up by redding. I called all the way down 5 to fresno looking for 3 pedal's only found one in sac and secured it. I didn't try bay area though. sorry no help on the question, but i couldn't not get the clutch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sure it's been answered, but hours searching hasn't yielded an answer.
Short course sxs racing is starting to grow here in Northern California, and I've got my 2 boys in trophy karts.
Tomorrow I'm going to the local dealer to buy a new yxz to convert for strickly short course racing. I have been road racing for years and am very familiar with manuals.
My question is: what is more popular or the preferred transmission type in short course racing. I'm inclined to go 3 pedal, just curious if the fast guys find the ss to be better. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
i'm looking for manual for shortcourse, asked the same question on this youtube channel (one runs manual, the other automatic). seems like it's more of a preference ->

1 - 4 of 4 Posts