Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

32 maxxis liberty tires on 2020 yxz ss

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  bajatrailrider 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm wondering if it works well with 32 inch maxxis liberty tires and 15 inch itp rims. on an original yamaha yxz 2020, or if the tire will scrub at the edge, or if I have to change something/ like the gearing

#5 ·
they will 100% rub. we just had a yxz in our shop, 32" fuels and they rubbed horribly at full turn. our shop yxz runs 30" arisuns (previously had 30" behemoths) and both sets rub at full suspension compression. gearing wise you will 100% feel it as well, that is a substantially taller tire (and heavier).

#12 ·
Go 30-950-15 bfg km3 mudders an actual truck tire 6 ply. Tuff and wears forever. Cost about the same and work in all conditions, they also run smooth down the paved road

WIll have to google these. I wear out a set a season and am tired of buying tires every year. Lately it has been replacing the SxS every season but I'm really liking the 20 SS SE don't see a need to replace it for awhile.

#16 ·
We both have 19s partner has turbo he runs liberty 32in with 2 in wheel spacers . Only the two bolts on firewall rubbed ground them down . Zero rub now tires lasted very good. Handles amazing wheel spacers been in there long enough. Zero problems Baja is very hard on anything off road. I think I will go to 32s and wheel spacers. Mine no turbo should pull them no problem.

#20 ·
He said I can remove from his sxs and try on mine. I don't think I need to as my non turbo sxs . Is way too low geared and too low to ground. He is on stock rims with tall sidewall gives great ride . Keep in mine we are dirt bike riders we don't beat . The death out of these sxs as you know . Anything with 4 wheels breaks easy if you push it . Haha it's not like a dirt bike don't drive it like one . Our trails are tuff you don't see anybody . For hundred Miles so we drive sane to get back .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.