Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would rather have had a 4 cylinder apex derived engine?...I'm guessing most, so why didn't Yamaha put the 4-cyl. in this?

I'm guessing they're testing out the "pure sport" waters with a less expensive 3 cyl. engine.

I'll be a little upset if I pour $21k into the yxz and a year later they come out with the 4 cyl. version...:mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Who would rather have had a 4 cylinder apex derived engine?...I'm guessing most, so why didn't Yamaha put the 4-cyl. in this?

I'm guessing they're testing out the "pure sport" waters with a less expensive 3 cyl. engine.

I'll be a little upset if I pour $21k into the yxz and a year later they come out with the 4 cyl. version...:mad:
Because they had to stay under 1000cc would be my guess.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Independent Dynotech Research testing confirms Genesis® Top Performance Engine output.

PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI. –Yamaha engineers increased the performance of the new Apex by making a host of small updates that resulted in a new peak horsepower of 162.8 in independent Dynotech Research testing on a 2011 preproduction unit. That’s a nearly 10 percent increase over the previous-generation 4-cylinder Genesis engine. It boasts a ridiculously wide torque curve with a remarkable peak of 109.8 ft/lbs at 7300 rpm for arm-stretching acceleration. Additionally, it features the first Exhaust Ultimate Performance, or EXUP® valve found in a snowmobile.

Yes, PLEASE

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Independent Dynotech Research testing confirms Genesis® Top Performance Engine output.

PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI. –Yamaha engineers increased the performance of the new Apex by making a host of small updates that resulted in a new peak horsepower of 162.8 in independent Dynotech Research testing on a 2011 preproduction unit. That’s a nearly 10 percent increase over the previous-generation 4-cylinder Genesis engine. It boasts a ridiculously wide torque curve with a remarkable peak of 109.8 ft/lbs at 7300 rpm for arm-stretching acceleration. Additionally, it features the first Exhaust Ultimate Performance, or EXUP® valve found in a snowmobile.

Yes, PLEASE
I'll take one of those as well!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Funny, there's rumor that Honda might put a 4-banger K20 motor in the sport sxs that their are allegedly developing. Competition, it's a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I start my Apex about once a month in the off season and I tell the wife it's just to keep things fresh, which is true, but I really love that sound also. Not to interested in after market turbos when I know this power plant . PLEASE, YAMAHA. This , low range and 2 more seats. SOLD !!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would love that option! I have a supercharger on mine and it sounds ridiculously Bad Ass, IMHO! The sound isn't changed due to the exhaust side impeller on the turbo. Here is a video of one that sounds similar...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I start my Apex about once a month in the off season and I tell the wife it's just to keep things fresh, which is true, but I really love that sound also. Not to interested in after market turbos when I know this power plant . PLEASE, YAMAHA. This , low range and 2 more seats. SOLD !!!
f you want low range and 2 more seats get a polaris or a canam, this is a desert machine modled after a sr1 race sxs for sand and desert. go get a ranger or rhino if you want low range , dont screw up our south west dream machine

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yamaha built what some wanted. It's great so many are happy with it. Im jealous. Now I'm hoping they build my dream machine.

My RZR has low range ???

·
Registered
107 Posts
Use low range often on the RZR, pulling the 4x8 fire wood trailer thru the woods and spraying the pasture. Don't think I could do either without the low range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts