Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would rather have had a 4 cylinder apex derived engine?...I'm guessing most, so why didn't Yamaha put the 4-cyl. in this?

I'm guessing they're testing out the "pure sport" waters with a less expensive 3 cyl. engine.

I'll be a little upset if I pour $21k into the yxz and a year later they come out with the 4 cyl. version...:mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Who would rather have had a 4 cylinder apex derived engine?...I'm guessing most, so why didn't Yamaha put the 4-cyl. in this?

I'm guessing they're testing out the "pure sport" waters with a less expensive 3 cyl. engine.

I'll be a little upset if I pour $21k into the yxz and a year later they come out with the 4 cyl. version...:mad:
Because they had to stay under 1000cc would be my guess.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Independent Dynotech Research testing confirms Genesis® Top Performance Engine output.

PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI. –Yamaha engineers increased the performance of the new Apex by making a host of small updates that resulted in a new peak horsepower of 162.8 in independent Dynotech Research testing on a 2011 preproduction unit. That’s a nearly 10 percent increase over the previous-generation 4-cylinder Genesis engine. It boasts a ridiculously wide torque curve with a remarkable peak of 109.8 ft/lbs at 7300 rpm for arm-stretching acceleration. Additionally, it features the first Exhaust Ultimate Performance, or EXUP® valve found in a snowmobile.

Yes, PLEASE

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Independent Dynotech Research testing confirms Genesis® Top Performance Engine output.

PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI. –Yamaha engineers increased the performance of the new Apex by making a host of small updates that resulted in a new peak horsepower of 162.8 in independent Dynotech Research testing on a 2011 preproduction unit. That’s a nearly 10 percent increase over the previous-generation 4-cylinder Genesis engine. It boasts a ridiculously wide torque curve with a remarkable peak of 109.8 ft/lbs at 7300 rpm for arm-stretching acceleration. Additionally, it features the first Exhaust Ultimate Performance, or EXUP® valve found in a snowmobile.

Yes, PLEASE
I'll take one of those as well!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I start my Apex about once a month in the off season and I tell the wife it's just to keep things fresh, which is true, but I really love that sound also. Not to interested in after market turbos when I know this power plant . PLEASE, YAMAHA. This , low range and 2 more seats. SOLD !!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would love that option! I have a supercharger on mine and it sounds ridiculously Bad Ass, IMHO! The sound isn't changed due to the exhaust side impeller on the turbo. Here is a video of one that sounds similar...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I start my Apex about once a month in the off season and I tell the wife it's just to keep things fresh, which is true, but I really love that sound also. Not to interested in after market turbos when I know this power plant . PLEASE, YAMAHA. This , low range and 2 more seats. SOLD !!!
f you want low range and 2 more seats get a polaris or a canam, this is a desert machine modled after a sr1 race sxs for sand and desert. go get a ranger or rhino if you want low range , dont screw up our south west dream machine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.