Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd really like to know. I'm about to buy a 2 seater this week, but would wait if the 4 seater is due within the next 3-4 months. My guess is not until a 2017 model, so at least a year out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They may not make one. They claim to be the first true sport SXS. Which is true. If they want to retain that distinction I'm not sure a 4 seater would help them. That said, I would like one also.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not going to happen. I just don't see it. This is not a 4-seat type of ride.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not going to happen. I just don't see it. This is not a 4-seat type of ride.
I have to admit, I've lost interest in the YXZ because of this. They are awesome machines but I agree, I don't think a 4 seat is coming and two seat machines are useless to me. They don't even have the blue or orange ones out yet! I'm not sure the clutch would hold up under the weight of a 4 seat machine anyway after seeing the problems with the 2 seater. I was hoping, but unless Honda brings out a sport 4 seat(Please!)................there's only one other company that has a real choice, even with the issues. Everyone knows who that is, and I'm getting close to upgrading my xp 4 900. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
My brother-in-law is a technician for a local dealership. While at technician training for the YXZ, the Yamaha rep told him that a 4 seater would not be released for another 2 years. He also said they are way behind in production and cannot keep up with current demands for the 2 seaters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to admit, I've lost interest in the YXZ because of this. They are awesome machines but I agree, I don't think a 4 seat is coming and two seat machines are useless to me. They don't even have the blue or orange ones out yet! I'm not sure the clutch would hold up under the weight of a 4 seat machine anyway after seeing the problems with the 2 seater. I was hoping, but unless Honda brings out a sport 4 seat(Please!)................there's only one other company that has a real choice, even with the issues. Everyone knows who that is, and I'm getting close to upgrading my xp 4 900. :(
My reliable source aka brother-in-law, also mentioned that Honda should be releasing a sport model for the 2017 model year. It will have the DCT tranmission and 1000cc engine like the Pioneer. Things are going to start getting really competitive in the sport SxS industry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's coming, just a matter of time. All the manufactures release the two seaters first, then a few months to a year the four will follow. Unfortunately, this marketing tactic drive away potential sales in the near term. Most likely it will be a fall release rather than this spring. They also won't announce a release date to far out for fear of hurting two seat sales. One of the largest volume dealers in the nation said that Yamaha is the slowest OEM to bring out new models even after being slated for production.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Maverick turbo. That would be my choice.

·
Registered
485 Posts
A 4 seat YZX is a long ways off, if it is released at all. If Yamaha does release a 4 seater it will have to have a different set up. The shifting is great for the 2 seater, but I just don't see the masses running out to get a family wagon that you have to shift. Yamaha will have to come up with a set up like Honda has to make a 4 seat version appealing to the masses and it will have to be geared for an all around ride, not a high speed rocket.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yamaha has been using YCCS (Yamaha Chip-Controled Shift) for over 10 years on the FJ1300 AE. The system could easily be added to YXZ 1000R, and allow the existing transmission to be retained. No idea if this is the planned route, but is a possibility.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's coming, just a matter of time. All the manufactures release the two seaters first, then a few months to a year the four will follow. Unfortunately, this marketing tactic drive away potential sales in the near term. Most likely it will be a fall release rather than this spring. They also won't announce a release date to far out for fear of hurting two seat sales. One of the largest volume dealers in the nation said that Yamaha is the slowest OEM to bring out new models even after being slated for production.
It's not coming. Call it a gut feeling.

Show me a four-seat Rhino. Or Wolverine. Oh wait....

There will be no 4 seat YXZ. Yamaha doesn't care what anyone else does, the do what they want because they can. There's no 2-up Grizzly either...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think there will be a 4 seat sport Yamaha in the future and it's only a matter of time! Money talks and a lot of people want (and will buy) a 4 seat sport version. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think they will watch sales on their 2 seat YXZ and if they don't get close to sales of other brands they won't push a 4 seater. And for them to say its the only pure sport SxS tells me they won't want a long wagon to be considered pure sport. I could be wrong but also think they feel that shifting is for a sports car not a suburban. And a lot of families won't go to the manual because they like to let the wife, etc. drive and just cruise rather than race.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So since yamaha is definitely releasing 2 more sxs' s from what i understand, it would make since for them to have an auto shift four seater in the works for the east coast and family crowd and my guess would be a 50 incher.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts