Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at 40" light bars for my new YXZ.
On my Teryx, I had a Rigid 40" E series before and loved it.
On my Mav, I have a Chinese knockoff of the Rigid. I dont like it and its my second one.
I am considering a Baja Designs 40" Onyx6.
So wondering if anyone out there has had both a 40" rigid and an Oynx6 and can tell me the difference?
Even wondering if the curved bars are worth the extra coin?

Guys that sell the chinese brands, save your breath cuz I am not interested.
IMO there is a noticeable difference in beam quality & amt of light projected.

·
Vendor
978 Posts
We have the TOTRON - 1 year warranty from date of purchase and have great luck with them.

TOTRON TLB3240 40" DOUBLE ROW LED LIGHT BAR

Features

10-30V DC
Cree 3W LEDs
30000+ hours lifespan
EMC, CE, IP67, RoHS Certified
Available in flood, spot and combo beams
Over/under voltage protection
Reverse polarity protection
Operating temperature: -40℃~ +60℃
Sealed Deutsch Connector
PC(Polycarbonate) lens
Aluminum extrusions profiles housing
Aluminum alloy die casting mounting brackets
304 Stainless mounting bolts

$299.95

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had both. Always good luck with Rigid but my builder showed me a website that showed the Baja Designs projecting more light. My last 2 light bars have been BD and I'v been very happy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
On my Mav, I have a Chinese knockoff of the Rigid. I dont like it and its my second one.
So wondering if anyone out there has had both a 40" rigid and an Oynx6 and can tell me the difference?

I am looking at other options for lights myself. I have had nothing but bad luck with the rigid lights. I am not bashing them in any way they have great customer service as you will read. i am just tired of shipping lights back to them after every trip. From what i gather not many people have experienced problems with their products I on the other hand seem to have gotten everyone bad luck.

I Originally purchased 2 of the Rigid 10" light bars for me and my sons quads. They put off great light and the warranty can not be beat, however since then I have acquired a 24 inch light bar from Rigid at no cost. The reason being is i had so many issues with the 2 original light bars. Every trip we would take one or both of the bars would end up with dead lights. After sending them back the third time I asked them to just send 2 new units and not continue to make repairs. There had to be a problem internally that was causing this issue. They said it was very unusual to have that many issues especially since there was never any damage to the body or structure, just the lights would quit working.

They would never send me completely new units and on the 4th or 5th return i paid for next day air shipping for a trip to Dumont. Well they lost the paperwork and it didn't ship out for 4 days. by that time i was in Dumont. They refunded my shipping cost and offered to send me a free shirt and a free hat. I had politely explained all the issues i had had and asked the guy why i would want to advertise for them with the problems i have had. He agreed and asked if i would like a free 24" bar. Of course I agreed.

Like i said they are good guys and great service, I just cant bring myself to that kind of investment for the YXZ and potentially have the same issues.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We have the TOTRON - 1 year warranty from date of purchase and have great luck with them.

Features

10-30V DC
Cree 3W LEDs
30000+ hours lifespan
EMC, CE, IP67, RoHS Certified
Available in flood, spot and combo beams
Over/under voltage protection
Reverse polarity protection
Operating temperature: -40℃~ +60℃
Sealed Deutsch Connector
PC(Polycarbonate) lens
Aluminum extrusions profiles housing
Aluminum alloy die casting mounting brackets
304 Stainless mounting bolts

$299.95

Sorry NOT interested in these. I have that brand now and dont like it. These are ok for most people but I want something better this time

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had both. Always good luck with Rigid but my builder showed me a website that showed the Baja Designs projecting more light. My last 2 light bars have been BD and I'v been very happy.
Thanks for your reply.
That is what I am looking for. People that have had both and what they think the difference is.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have the Rigid 40 on my Cat. Got the single row, looked more aerodynamic, liked it more than the double row. No complaints, and although I'm pretty sure they all do, Rigid's lifetime warranty makes it a little easier to spend that type of money.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marty I have a few customers with Onyx bars and they take quite a hefty amount of power... just an fyi.

Nate
Alba Racing
Thanks Nate. I read that also. 240ish watts. May just have to add a dual battery, if it causes a problem.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the Rigid 40 on my Cat. Got the single row, looked more aerodynamic, liked it more than the double row. No complaints, and although I'm pretty sure they all do, Rigid's lifetime warranty makes it a little easier to spend that type of money.
How is the light output on the SR? Good distance also?

·
Registered
485 Posts

I run the 40" Onyx6 on my XP. It is super bright and IMO outshines the rest.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I run the 40" Onyx6 on my XP. It is super bright and IMO outshines the rest.
I was wondering if you were going to comment.
I knew you had a BD because I have seen your light, just not at night so dont know how bright they are.
Is your radius?

·
Registered
674 Posts
How is the light output on the SR? Good distance also?
Very good, no complaints. Like I said, to me, it's just a "cleaner" look. Rigid also makes those nice plastic light guards that protect from sand and rocks and stuff. Don't know if they fit other brands, but nice to have. You'll need 4, they are 10 inches each

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was wondering if you were going to comment.
I knew you had a BD because I have seen your light, just not at night so dont know how bright they are.
Is your radius?
no radius. It is very bright, but you still need some lights to shine outward for the dunes. I have some cheap HID lights on my A pillar. I got a great deal on it through James at Alternative Off-road.

For the Yamaha I would go with the 30" Onyx6 bar. Lumens: 19,350 Utilizing 18 Cree XM-L2 LEDs and Wattage/Amps: 189W / 15.75A.

I would then put a pair of the Squadron pros on the a-pillar pointing out to give you more light pointing outward.

Squadron Pro, Pair Driving/Combo LED

1 - 18 of 18 Posts