Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about wheels and quickly concluded I do not want to put big dollars into a (theoretically) weak 110 design. So I'm thinking about a replacement billet hub design with a 156mm design. There's a lot to choose from (in the form of wheel options) with the XP stuff out there.

I called around a bit and it does not seem anybody has really gotten that far in the mod process on this machine, understandably so. Haven't found one place that is considering it. So, I'm checking here to see if any aftermarket Co is willing to chime in that they are planning to do this or:

Is anybody here considering buying such a kit? I might see what I can do to get it developed but it will take volume to get it done. Anybody????

·
Registered
133 Posts
Most would probably rather just spend $200 for adapters that are already available. Your idea would be stronger. But I haven't heard of anyone having a problem of bending the center of Yamaha wheels.......yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Fullerton sand tire has all the stuff, just needs to decide 28's or 29"s,, maybe even 30's they dunno until they test them.
Then they will drill the wheels for the proper lug pattern.
I'd like to just get adapters.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I agree with you fellas 100%. I would go with adapters if stronger hubs were not yet available. However, the problem I ran into when researching this last night was that there are not many (if any) options to go 4X110 to 4x156 (or 115 for that matter). There are many options going the OTHER way - 156 to 110mm.

I would really appreciate if you can steer me in the right direction on that if you have seen them. I talked to Dave (I think it was Dave) and they did not have the adapters. I am concerned there may not be enough material in a typical 1.5 - 2" spacer to do 110 to 156. Hence the hub conversation. I talked to Billy at Pace and they will be researching this on their YXZ later this week.

·
Registered
762 Posts
WOULD BE A LOT STRONGER. HAVE YOU TALKED TO PACE TO SEE IF THEY WERE BUlLDING THEM.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are looking at making these hubs, our car should be in the next few weeks, cage connectors and that is the first thing on our plate.
Totally cool to hear this!

WOULD BE A LOT STRONGER. HAVE YOU TALKED TO PACE TO SEE IF THEY WERE BUlLDING THEM.
Yep. Talked to Billy this morning. Texted Greg last week.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If strength of the hub due to the small bolt pattern is a concern then running wheel adapters would make it worse as the wheel adapters would add leverage in a negative way. Surprised Yamaha left the small hubs in place. That and the front diff seem like ATV parts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If strength of the hub due to the small bolt pattern is a concern then running wheel adapters would make it worse as the wheel adapters would add leverage in a negative way. Surprised Yamaha left the small hubs in place. That and the front diff seem like ATV parts.
My catalyst for hubs.
I appreciate that link. I had not dialed into that specific option after much trying. That gives me some options, thank you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yamaha left the small hubs in place probably for a reason. They don't intend on this thing sitting on 22's or 32" mud tires. A lot of science and research goes into these UTV's

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd be fine with a 4/137 12mm swap, caps in the center look better than 156mm hubs.

Reactions: scottdmax
1 - 14 of 14 Posts