Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I assume the light is blinking, telling you it is not engaged. Fire up your machine and turn your steering wheel lock to lock, This has worked for me in the past. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I will try that. Yes the light is blinking when I switch to 4wd

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is machine new ? You new to it ? or has it just become a problem ?

Tight when new and might need slight coaxing. The splines have to align before it will go so you need one front wheel to travel a bit further or less than the other so spline can slip into engagement.

Forward and reverse while sawing the wheel a little. Or just slow turn while on and off gas gently. When splines align and no torque on assembly it will slide into place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Tight when new and might need slight coaxing. The splines have to align before it will go so you need one front wheel to travel a bit further or less than the other so spline can slip into engagement.

Forward and reverse while sawing the wheel a little. Or just slow turn while on and off gas gently. When splines align and no torque on assembly it will slide into place.

it is a 2016 model I am new to the machine. It shows engaged but wheels will not turn over

·
Registered
328 Posts
I see. You have never been able to get it to pull with the fronts at all. I recon maybe a problem if that is the case. They can be finicky but should go it at some point no matter what.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see. You have never been able to get it to pull with the fronts at all. I recon maybe a problem if that is the case. They can be finicky but should go it at some point no matter what.
This is the first time it has not worked

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you shift into four wheel drive while moving? Probably time to drain the front diff and pull the actuator out and see what you see. Is the front drive shaft being driven? Potential for front clutch assembly failure... that seems unlikely, but I have no idea how the machine has been driven.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts