Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone came up with a good way of mounting the sub belt on a 5 point harness. I received my PRP seats and harnesses. Only way I can figure is the old school mounted around the seat frame.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here is what I did on the drivers side
20151212_104111.jpg

Passenger side was more work but I went to the Cross member that runs just in front of the gas tank. There is a plastic rivet there already, just replaced it with a bolt. Had to cut the plastic floor panel to expose the PRP belt mount.
20151212_083916.jpg

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Tell my why you just can't wrap it around the seat bracket like this? image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
anyone using factory OEM bar to attach harnesses or is it too high up?
Yes I am and yes it is to high. I will change it when I do my new cage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That bracket looks like the after market bracket beard makes for there seat that's meant for a Polaris. I bought the beard seat and that bracket for my YXZ and all it did was raise my seat height by 3/8 inch and placed me to high in the vehicle. I returned the seats and orders PRP's. At least I can make use of the bracket for the 5th point of the harness, lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Since I no longer have a welder, I figured I would hit the Home Depot.
This actually worked pretty good even though borderline ******* fix.
4 small holes and 10/24 machine screws with loc-tite and done.
The 5 th point is a must have imo, it allows you to really crank down on the shoulder straps without pulling up the lap belt.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Big kudos to Dragon Fire and their installation kit. It is a must have to make this installation enjoyable.
The instructions alone are worth $30. It was like "remove 7 fasteners on driver side" "pull out on front and slide forward" very detailed with pictures.
And brackets fit perfect too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts