Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 2016 Yamaha yxz 1000r regular stick shift ( no paddles) just wondering what the best set up for compression and rebound everyone runs for a smooth ride on the trails, I live in northern Michigan and trails have that washboard feel. Thanks in advance for the info!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Standard suspension settings are the best place to start for Adjusting to trails. I only had to tweak with the rear suspension, I found that the rear end would almost come off the ground when going over a small rise in the road at higher speeds. Wound up changing one setting at a time, and all said and done, I had to turn out Compression screws 1 1/2 turns to smooth it out. I don't carry much weight in the rear (yet) but a spare tire, loaded Rear Box for a long ride so more adjusting to come.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Standard suspension settings are the best place to start for Adjusting to trails. I only had to tweak with the rear suspension, I found that the rear end would almost come off the ground when going over a small rise in the road at higher speeds. Wound up changing one setting at a time, and all said and done, I had to turn out Compression screws 1 1/2 turns to smooth it out. I don't carry much weight in the rear (yet) but a spare tire, loaded Rear Box for a long ride so more adjusting to come.
Send your shocks into Shock Therapy, Shock Therapy, shocktherapyst.com, you will be amazed.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts