Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
That is beautiful. Wish I had your skills.

I was planning to purchase a Brick City Fab cage because they had a tall version that I knew I'd fit under. By chance how tall are you guys with the Cagewrx cages and how much room do you have between your helmet and the bottom of the roof bar?
Thanks Lottomunch, actually my fabrication skills suck, but Photoshop? Now thats where my skills are awesome.... 馃ぃ

As for clearance, I'm 5'-9" sitting upright in the seat (not my usual fetal position), I have 7" from my helmet to the nearest tube (rear tube). A little more to the two overhead tubes (8"-10"). But keep in mind I added a second overhead tube which means there is one nearly overhead. In a standard setup it would run down the center making it even further away.

Nate

Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Kicking farts out of dead horses...its how I roll.

The question of the CageWRX front crossbar not clearing the plastic on 2019+ came up.

Since I'm changing out the center plastic to 2019 for airflow thru the tunnel I figured I'd post it here.

No problem with clearance on the 2019 plastic. Should add, this is a WiY Super Shorty cage. Can't speak to the Baja cage. Or the pre-assembled cages.

Nate

Registered
I have the BCF mid sport cage and the front cross bar is close to the hood but i just place thin rag on top and pull it up through the inside of vehicle, tight but a couple other friends with different cages said it worked for them when i showed how i take mine off. Still love my cage!
46A9E8ED-3ABF-44FB-8928-26C3E20ACD18.jpeg

Registered
2020 ss
Kicking farts out of dead horses...its how I roll.

The question of the CageWRX front crossbar not clearing the plastic on 2019+ came up.

Since I'm changing out the center plastic to 2019 for airflow thru the tunnel I figured I'd post it here.

No problem with clearance on the 2019 plastic. View attachment 118550

View attachment 118551

Nate
Interesting. I got my cagewrx Baja cage for my 2020 a couple months ago and rubs on the hood plastics. I saw another post a while back that also had rubbing issue. So I specifically asked cagewrx if they had addressed the issue and was told yes. Well, not so-at least on mine. I had been resisting the urge to flame them on this site, hoping they would try to fix it. So far they are giving me the run around. I offered to bring my ride to them to check it out and they didn鈥檛 want me to. I think they are hoping I鈥檒l go away but I鈥檓 still hoping they will address the issue so I don鈥檛 have to add them to my burn in hell list.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
@PhuckPhoenix After reading your post, and checking another post on the same issue. It looks like the issue is more likely to occur on the Baja cage vs the Super Shorty. I've since amended my post to note the difference.

That said, when you say "Rubs on the hood plastic". Do you mean when installed, or when trying to remove the hood to check brake or clutch fluid? And just because I'm curious, is the lower bar in the same plane as the main tubes? Or is it swung slightly rearward of the main tubes?

Thanks

Nate

Registered
A friend and myself just received a pair of 2021 yxz's. As soon as they hit the garage here, we pulled the stock cages and built Cagewrx baja specs on both of them. Not a single clearance or fitment issue other than the harness bar behind the seats. Had to trim the notch about a 1/4". No hood clearance issues at all.
yxz.jpg

Registered
2020 ss
@PhuckPhoenix After reading your post, and checking another post on the same issue. It looks like the issue is more likely to occur on the Baja cage vs the Super Shorty. I've since amended my post to note the difference.

That said, when you say "Rubs on the hood plastic". Do you mean when installed, or when trying to remove the hood to check brake or clutch fluid? And just because I'm curious, is the lower bar in the same plane as the main tubes? Or is it swung slightly rearward of the main tubes?

Thanks

Nate
Sounds like I may be just one of the lucky ones. I don鈥檛 weld so had cagewrx assemble it. But really it鈥檚 not even close. I have to pry the front attachment points down to line up the bolt holes and when I do that the lower bar pushes down on the hood plastic. Zero chance of actually removing the hood to check the fluids without unbolting the front of the cage.
The guys at cagewrx were kinda insinuating my ride is bent or something. Not likely. Has like 150 miles on it and never been crashed or really abused鈥.yet. They got my money but I鈥檓 still hopeful they will help me out. I鈥檒l come back here and sing their praises if they do.
Nate, I鈥檓 outta town for work but will check out the plane/alignment when I get back home this weekend.

thanks,
Matt

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
@roofintrash That is a very nice looking cage. At a guess, it does look like the Baja might be a little closer. Maybe?

@PhuckPhoenix Appreciate that. I'm curious because on the SS I can't see any way for the tube to contact the plastic unless it was incorrectly assembled.

When you put your cage on did you do the usual of jacking up and supporting the frame before removing the OEM and all the usual jacking to remove twist before putting on the new?

Nate

41 - 48 of 48 Posts