Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XDR Transfer Case Dipstick For 2016 To 2019 Yamaha Yxz1000 - 22303

Looking for feedback from someone who has this in their SxS. Is the extension tube housing the dipstick big enough in diameter to add oil during an oil change? Trying to avoid pulling passenger side tunnel panel and seat just to change oil.

·
Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
309 Posts
You think about this? Under $10. Simple, and you can add oil no problem.

4" boat deck hatch. 15 minute install.

Nate

Reactions: leadmic

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
617 Posts
I did the same thing as Nate. Works great. I did but a 4 1/2 hole saw to make it easier.

Reactions: WWARt

·
Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
309 Posts
@leadmic Spot on. A 4" hole saw is too small. But you can trim to fit with a utility knife. If your willing to take the time and risk an unintended appendectomy. Please don't ask how I know this, I'm running out of friends to blame these things on.

Nate

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
111 Posts
Same thing here - insulate the back, I have one on the other side to check my Rekuse slave and in the winter it is great to open them and get heat off the radiator...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely an option. But still wondering if dipstick tube is big enough to use to add oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts