Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First trip in the woods with the supercharger. So I am happy with the supercharger except 1st gear crawling. This weekend I went to Liberty WA. I was hitting some steep hills at about 5000+ft in elevation and the car would stumble and stall out. A lot of the hills there you do not have room to get a run at them. I would have to do a 6k+ clutch dump and hit the hills at about 10mph to 15mph in order to make it to the top without it bogging down and coming to complete stop. 10-15mph is a bit to fast for some of the trails at Liberty. From 1/3 to WOT it would just lay flat or fall on its face. It would not accelerate unless I tapped the clutch to bring RPM’s up. I would have to do that several times to make it up hills. It would only seem to do it in first gear.

Anyone have any ideas? I have called a few places and they do not "Want" to put it on the Dyno. I am looking for smooth acceleration from 0 - 10mph without stalling on a steep hill. Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Packard had one that alot of people had issues with, so they stopped making it. agency isnt exactly a well respected name in the community. i wouldve leaned towards a Kraftwerks supercharger as they have alot more time into their unit and proper testing. @KraftWerksJason is the only person i would say has the supercharger figured out. maybe he can help you out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have the Agency supercharger. I am happy with it in the dunes and in the trails except when it gets tight and steep. I went to Liberty WA and had to hit some big hills with a lot more speed than I wanted to. there was 1 hill that I could not get the RPM's up high enough to even start up the hill. I want to set it up for crawling.

- My first mistake was getting a supercharger. should have went turbo. But I was looking for low end torque.
- My second mistake was not getting the Agency Flash. I wanted to be able to make changes myself if needed to. I ride on the Oregon coast (0ft elevation), St anthony's (5k to 5500ft elevation) to Liberty WA (3k to 7k elevation) So i chose the DynaJet PV3 tuner which I can store many different tunes and change them on the trail. Seemed simple. until i opened up the tune and realized that it is more complicated then I thought.
- My third mistake was to go up to a 30" tire. From 27" to 30"

So what about gearing? I don't want to lose to much speed in 3rd,4th,5th gears but I do not need to go 100mph. What would be nice is my 6:25to1 granny low out of my old Ford F100. Should I take off my heavy flywheel? What about a Recluse clutch?

·
Vendor
74 Posts
It's all in your tune. we have crawled our YXZ up some stuff I didn't think was possible in a YXZ and we just have 30's and our supercharger. We run the PC5 for tuning. It just makes everything simpler. We tune based off of MAP not TPS. not sure what your running, but might be something to look into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts