Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not the intake,I think it is a system that injects air in the exhaust to lower exhaust emissions,but not too sure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its an emissions part does nothing to help the engine at all. I took mine off and put block off plates on it

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Its an emissions part does nothing to help the engine at all. I took mine off and put block off plates on it
Was thinking about doing this as well. Did you get a check engine light on when you disconnected the solenoid wiring to the AIS?

·
Registered
143 Posts
No check engine light I got the block off kit from graves motorsports. It also helps with backfiring and popping on deceleration you wont notice with the stock muffler but if you change it you will here it until you block off the AIS

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
No check engine light I got the block off kit from graves motorsports. It also helps with backfiring and popping on deceleration you wont notice with the stock muffler but if you change it you will here it until you block off the AIS
Good to know. What did you do with the loose wiring pigtail you disconnected?

·
Registered
329 Posts
AIS - air injection system. It is part of the emissions system and cycles on at anytime during idle and part throttle operation.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I ordered one also... I have stock set-up now and periodically hear a single back-fire in 2nd gear if I let off throttle...will install when I decide between turbo or pipe..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts