Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm brand new to the forum and just picked up a 2017 SS about a week ago. The guy I bought it from (2nd owner) told me that everything was stock on it, but upon closer inspection, I started noticing things that were definitely not stock.

First, I noticed the ALBA Racing sticker on the CPU.
Second, I went looking to see if it had the ALBA intake spacer.....it did.
Third, I started to look for an aftermarket exhaust...it looks to have the SBD headers from ALBA.

Lastly, I noticed an ALBA logo on the motor. I'm not sure what this is, but it seems like this could be and indication that it has some internals as well....perhaps a cam or something.

What does that ALBA logo on the motor indicate, and what else should I be looking for to figure out what this thing has in it!?

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks to be flashed. You just have the Alba exhaust tip. That looks like a stock header for sure so you don’t have the sbd header and the other part looks like a Alba cam chain tensioner. No other internal parts I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm almost positive it has the SBD exhaust. The SBD headers look similar to the stock, but it appears the stock header has "gussets" welded to the tri-pipe collector. Thanks for pointing out that the "logo" was a cam tensioner!, but what makes you so sure it has stock internals? Seems to be an indication it has an aftermarket cam.

I'm sorta thinking it has this kit installed... Yamaha YXZ1000r / YXZ1000SS SBD Performance Package | Alba Racing (teamalbaracing.com)

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
705 Posts
That is definitely the ALBA header and tip If it has the ALBA chain tensor it might have the cams too. The top SBD kit comes with cams spacer header and tip along with a reflashed ECM.

Reactions: JDizzleYXZ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took a look at the back of the ECU and found the tuner code. B57-SBD-ST62-S-S9 (I think). Maybe @ALBANATE or someone can clue into what the internals might be.
Font Motor vehicle Gas Handwriting Number

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To close this out....I received a reply email from ALBA support saying that this tune was indeed for their Stage 2 cam. So for anyone else trying to decode their tune code....SBD is for their Silent But Deadly headers, STG2 is for their Stage 2 Cams, S is perhaps for their intake spacer. I'm not sure about the first and last part of the code.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
705 Posts
You lucked out. It should run very good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys! I'm brand new to the forum and just picked up a 2017 SS about a week ago. The guy I bought it from (2nd owner) told me that everything was stock on it, but upon closer inspection, I started noticing things that were definitely not stock.

Third, I started to look for an aftermarket exhaust...it looks to have the SBD headers from ALBA.

Lastly, I noticed an ALBA logo on the motor. I'm not sure what this is, but it seems like this could be and indication that it has some internals as well....perhaps a cam or something.

What does that ALBA logo on the motor indicate, and what else should I be looking for to figure out what this thing has in it!?

View attachment 117840 View attachment 117841 View attachment 117839 View attachment 117842 View attachment 117843
Alba I think is a program for increased power and performance. Looks like your yxz has a little more juice than stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts

View attachment 117840 View attachment 117841 View attachment 117839 View attachment 117842 View attachment 117843
You scored with that. I have the SBD on mine and it is a great addition. I don’t have the cam, but my buddies do and they like that as well. It gives it a nice mid-range boost with just the basic SBD, and if you got the cam also, it gives another boost on the higher end of the RPM curve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts