Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just curious as to which is better, ECU flash or a piggyback controller?
Reflash will always be better. A piggy back will be converting the data from the sensors to "trick" the ECU into seeing what it needs to make power. Sure Piggybacks can be a great solution. But it will never be as good as a reprogrammed ECU.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Reflash will always be better. A piggy back will be converting the data from the sensors to "trick" the ECU into seeing what it needs to make power. Sure Piggybacks can be a great solution. But it will never be as good as a reprogrammed ECU.
Thanks! I know that the factory ECU's are usually far superior in regards to durability and could see why the re-flash would be better, but what about if a person adds other go fast parts like exhaust, intake, etc.? You usually need to enrich the fuel intake. Thanks, T.K.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Whichever doesn't void the warranty!
You can take piggyback out and should be no problem on warranty, but if you can rise RPM limit with it, change are could be traceable in the stock ECU memory that car goes over factory rev limit. IMO
Honestly I will rather go with the ECU re flesh and get another stock ECU, if I am worry about warranty....
milos

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You can take piggyback out and should be no problem on warranty, but if you can rise RPM limit with it, change are could be traceable in the stock ECU memory that car goes over factory rev limit. IMO
Honestly I will rather go with the ECU re flesh and get another stock ECU, if I am worry about warranty....
milos
Yep I agree

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just curious as to which is better, ECU flash or a piggyback controller?
I have both, on three machines, one or the other couldn't do it all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts