Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Why does it seem like there is absolutely no load on that dyno at all???
Well that would be because it is an inertia dyno... never had to load a dyno to get an accurate number out of an 80rwhp vehicle before! lol. And this dyno has been proven accurate for only about the last 15 years....

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well that would be because it is an inertia dyno... never had to load a dyno to get an accurate number out of an 80rwhp vehicle before! lol. And this dyno has been proven accurate for only about the last 15 years....

Nate
Alba Racing
Sorry, used to seeing vehicles on dynos, I suppose I have just never seen an inertia dyno before, all the ones I have seen are brake dynos. So what then, does it calculate power based on the static weight of the drum, and the time it takes to accelerate the drum? If there is no load then there can't be a load cell right? I used to work on engine test stands...we had eddy current brake dynos, this is just weird to me lol.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Sorry, used to seeing vehicles on dynos, I suppose I have just never seen an inertia dyno before, all the ones I have seen are brake dynos. So what then, does it calculate power based on the static weight of the drum, and the time it takes to accelerate the drum? If there is no load then there can't be a load cell right? I used to work on engine test stands...we had eddy current brake dynos, this is just weird to me lol.
That is exactly correct.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is exactly correct.

Nate
Alba Racing
Thanks Nate, learn something new everyday. I wonder, is there more chance to harm the vehicle being tested when on an inertia dyno? I only ask because it revs so high so fast, even with a 10,500rpm redline, imagine a sport quad with only a 7k redline lol. It would get there FAST!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts