Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just thought I would let you know that we are getting started on the next stage of our NA YXZ research Camshafts!!! first profile has arrived back from hard chroming and will be installed shortly, and then back to the DYNO!!!!

Product Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel Camshaft

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait. With all this info, maybe I can ultimately decide whether to stay NA or go turbo. Keep us updated, Nate! And thanks for being at the forefront with YXZ mods!

Reactions: Big Daddy Cain

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know if I'm ever going to buy a YXZ but still excited to see the outcome of Alba's stage two kit for the machine. Stage 2 in my XP900 made it hard to beat in the woods, BIG difference.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if I'm ever going to buy a YXZ but still excited to see the outcome of Alba's stage two kit for the machine. Stage 2 in my XP900 made it hard to beat in the woods, BIG difference.
Strubby, unbelievably we have seen more HP gains from the YXZ without even touching the cams yet than we saw with the complete stage 2 XP900 kit! This motor is potent and Yamaha left us quite a bit hidden!!!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nate, I have the cam timing (somewhere) that was run on the Factory Yamaha Nytro race sleds... not sure if it will be helpful for the YXZ, but you are welcome to it.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nate, I have the cam timing (somewhere) that was run on the Factory Yamaha Nytro race sleds... not sure if it will be helpful for the YXZ, but you are welcome to it.
Thank you for the offer Madviking, but Web Cam has been making cams for Yamaha Sleds for years now... we have all the info we need.
Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
831 Posts
You MotorHeads have all the fun.

I'll second the request for a bottom-mid cam. It really helps those of us who suck at RPM management and might have some twisty trail racing needs.

The videos I've seen, even the podium-winning racers aren't using the top-end to its full potential (but when they do, the YXZ responds willingly).

The racing videos point to a bit of a torque deficit coming out of slower turns. That's when the CVT RZRs tend to pull them a bit, only to be walked down by the Screaming triple on even modestly long straights.

On balance, the YXZ is doing much better than I had expected (in the hands of the very skilled, at least).

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You MotorHeads have all the fun.

I'll second the request for a bottom-mid cam. It really helps those of us who suck at RPM management and might have some twisty trail racing needs.

The videos I've seen, even the podium-winning racers aren't using the top-end to its full potential (but when they do, the YXZ responds willingly).

The racing videos point to a bit of a torque deficit coming out of slower turns. That's when the CVT RZRs tend to pull them a bit, only to be walked down by the Screaming triple on even modestly long straights.

On balance, the YXZ is doing much better than I had expected (in the hands of the very skilled, at least).
A little lower set of gears would also fix that and still allow this monster to eat up the competition on the top end

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
What was the final results of this testing?
I thought I read somewhere it gained about 15 hp but in what part of the power curve?
What profile cam did we end up with? low/mid or all around or ?
Cost?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am still playing guys, but I have currently made over 30rwhp gain normally aspirated(83stock and have broke 113). That was with our full system(single), ECU, Intake, and Cams... We are pushing as hard as we can to get this package wrapped up as soon as possible, but please understand this is our busiest time of year as we are right in the middle of desert season, and with the holidays it is tough.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am still playing guys, but I have currently made over 30rwhp gain normally aspirated(83stock and have broke 113). That was with our full system(single), ECU, Intake, and Cams... We are pushing as hard as we can to get this package wrapped up as soon as possible, but please understand this is our busiest time of year as we are right in the middle of desert season, and with the holidays it is tough.

Nate
Alba Racing
Those are some impressive numbers especially if you are still tweaking the package. Awesome work.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

Nate
Alba Racing
I wasnt pushing Nate, I was merely bringing it back up since I hadn't heard the final info. Now that I actually have my car and money that is burning a hole in my pocket....well you know me and performance upgrades. :) Just keep us posted when its done and what it will do. ie low end torque, mid power or top end?

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts

Nate
Alba Racing
Thanks for taking the time to update us!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts