Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my heavy flywheel from Alba Racing installed and will be testing it down at Brimstone this weekend. If the results are anything like what I've felt just driving around the neighborhood and loading it on the trailer, I believe we've got a winner here.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You might think about the tube works clutch mod and extra spring to. With the flywheel and clutch mod the clutch grabs so much better.

·
Registered
274 Posts
^this... You will find yourself punishing the clutch way not with the added weight of the flywheel. Good insurance for a few bucks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just got my heavy flywheel from Alba Racing installed and will be testing it down at Brimstone this weekend. If the results are anything like what I've felt just driving around the neighborhood and loading it on the trailer, I believe we've got a winner here.
So what do you think?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It made a world of difference down in the trails at Brimstone. Never had any trouble with mud and only one hill I wouldn't climb just because of the starting and stopping I was seeing some of the guys ahead of me doing. It honestly has made it feel like an entirely different machine and judging by what Exracer2 and ForcefedY have said, it will only get better with a couple other minor mods.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What size tires are you running? I am thinking about the flywheel. I am looking to put 29's or 30's...NOT going with a tran change, not worth it how i ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size tires are you running? I am thinking about the flywheel. I am looking to put 29's or 30's...NOT going with a tran change, not worth it how i ride.
I had 30 Roctanes on mine for about 5 months. I liked the look and it seemed like it handled the mud a bit better (could have been just gripping better) but lost a LOT of power to the ground. Just switched to 27 Dirt Commanders and helped tremendously as well (tested before putting the flywheel on). I ride a lot of slow, hilly, muddy trails so getting the low end power to the ground is a bigger priority to me than someone in the wide open. Really will depend on how and what you ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good to know. I am curious to know if the fly wheel would help r hurt me if i stepped up to a 28 or 29" tire. We typically ride green and blues at Hatfield at a good pace, and normally dont do any technical trails.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good to know. I am curious to know if the fly wheel would help r hurt me if i stepped up to a 28 or 29" tire. We typically ride green and blues at Hatfield at a good pace, and normally dont do any technical trails.
It definitely won't hurt. If you'd like a recommendation, I'd go with the 28". That's what I was hoping to find but either the dirt commander series doesn't have or I couldn't find a 28x10x14.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I rode blue and green Hatfield trails when my YXZ was stock. It did great......I am still curious about the flywheel.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts