Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Vendor
383 Posts
Yes, we have clutch kits ready! Here is a pic of the kit...
Metals
Fibers
6-spring Pressure plate conversion
2 qts. oil
$409 shipped with fluids.

20151104_111835.jpg

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does it come with instructions ?and does it require any special tools to put in?So my dealer can install it before I take my maverick from them

·
Vendor
383 Posts
Does it come with instructions ?and does it require any special tools to put in?So my dealer can install it before I take my maverick from them
Kit comes with basic instructions... Same as installing any standard clutch. I would hope any dealer could handle it no problem... if not I would take it somewhere else! lol. No special tools required.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, pedal pressure will increase by about 30% per Nate's other post.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nate, do you think the clutch fail is only because of poor pressure? Just curious as I've read that it could have something to do with the clutch hanging open.
Thanks!
T.K.

·
Registered
202 Posts
...and any idea why it's only happening on a small percentage of the vehicles?

·
Vendor
383 Posts
Yes Marty. The stock pressure plate and spring is lacking. When we convert to the 6 spring setup we are able to apply a good amount more clamping pressure to keep the discs from slipping. We also replace the half fibers and judder springs with a full fiber and metal. This makes it so you are using the entire clutch pack and not just 80% of it. When increasing the stiffness of the spring pressure you will experience about a 30% stiffer clutch pedal.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think Nate, you solve the problem, Yamaha was probably trying to have a feather light operated clutch pedal and this created problem for some. IMO
milos

·
Vendor
383 Posts
I think Nate, you solve the problem, Yamaha was probably trying to have a feather light operated clutch pedal and this created problem for some. IMO
milos
I think that is exactly it. With the components they used you have a very soft and manageable clutch pedal. You can also almost dump the clutch and not stall it...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think that is exactly it. With the components they used you have a very soft and manageable clutch pedal. You can also almost dump the clutch and not stall it...

Nate
Alba Racing
So does this mean we don't need the rekluse? Can you shift with out the clutch since you can dump the clutch and not stall?

·
Registered
314 Posts
So does this mean we don't need the rekluse? Can you shift with out the clutch since you can dump the clutch and not stall?
Don't want to answer for Nate, but I think he meant dump the clutch and not stall with OEM set up not with upgrade, clutch was slipping to much....IMO
milos

·
Registered
86 Posts
Don't want to answer for Nate, but I think he meant dump the clutch and not stall with OEM set up not with upgrade, clutch was slipping to much....IMO
milos
I am asking because if you can shift with out the clutch I will buy this instead of the reckless BUT if not I would probably buy both if compatible. I would like to get rid of the clutch after 1st, if this solves both issues then I think reckless is screwed. I barely use my clutch now I just lift the throttle a bit n shift but would be nice to have a clutch that supports type of shifting like the rekluse does.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The HD clutch is not gonna do what a Rekluse does. Not designed for that....

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am asking because if you can shift with out the clutch I will buy this instead of the reckless BUT if not I would probably buy both if compatible. I would like to get rid of the clutch after 1st, if this solves both issues then I think reckless is screwed. I barely use my clutch now I just lift the throttle a bit n shift but would be nice to have a clutch that supports type of shifting like the rekluse does.
If I understand rightly how Rekluse work, wold prevent stall the engine, if you stop and forget to push on the clutch or you can take off without working clutch pedal just by rising engine RPM, auto clutch. But HD upgrade don't work like that, but I am pretty sure you can shift with HD upgrade without clutch when moving as you did before. But not really idea, if those two can work together...
milos

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was hoping that I could install the H.D. Clutch pack and also add the rekluse.. Sounds like it is one or the other.. Don't think the rekluse alone will lessen the chance of having one of these failures I keep reading about... It would absolutely suck to fry a clutch deep in the dunes or the bush. Have changed belts in the middle of nowhere but a clutch job? That might be more difficult...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts