Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a short video of a pull down the Sand Drags at Glamis over Halloween. We had a chance to race quite a few different setups, but didnt get a lot of video. Here is a good clip of us racing a few cars that included:

XP1000 Silber Turbo @ 10psi
Motus American V4 1850cc Xp1000

As you can see. We won!

LOL

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
265 Posts
Did you ever race the Evolution Tuned 4 Seat Turbo Maverick that you know of?

I saw him win a lot of races on Friday I think it was.

He came by where we were parked yelling "Hell Yeah Evolution Tuned Baby" or something like that to one of the guys in our group that has a T-mav.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you ever race the Evolution Tuned 4 Seat Turbo Maverick that you know of?

I saw him win a lot of races on Friday I think it was.

He came by where we were parked yelling "Hell Yeah Evolution Tuned Baby" or something like that to one of the guys in our group that has a T-mav.
I do not think so.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oh well, i was just curious, i don't think i ever saw him line up with a YXZ that i can remember.

He would definitely beat a stock one anyway but yours i think could have leveled the playing field.

I like the thinking out of the box with the Nos, cheap quick HP, very cool for the weekend

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well, i was just curious, i don't think i ever saw him line up with a YXZ that i can remember.

He would definitely beat a stock one anyway but yours i think could have leveled the playing field.

I like the thinking out of the box with the Nos, cheap quick HP, very cool for the weekend
Thank you sir! that was the entire goal. Do something quick, cheap, and piss some people off! lol.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
971 Posts
Great Video !!

On the NOS -- Controlled manually by perhaps a pushbutton switch on the shifter ??

I'm curious if you triggered with each gear or just perhaps 5th and did you have it on 100% of the time you were in 5th ??

Just curious -- Don't have NOS available here and know very little about it or how long one can stay on the button.

Oh - And the V4 ..... It's only 1650 cc's .. .. :D

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great Video !!

On the NOS -- Controlled manually by perhaps a pushbutton switch on the shifter ??

I'm curious if you triggered with each gear or just perhaps 5th and did you have it on 100% of the time you were in 5th ??

Just curious -- Don't have NOS available here and know very little about it or how long one can stay on the button.

Oh - And the V4 ..... It's only 1650 cc's .. .. :D
We ran a full throttle safety switch, and a button activator on the steering wheel. Launched at wide open throttle and hit the button 1st-5th! Ran through 3 10# bottles! lol.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Nate, Is this setup running with a stock or modified clutch?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dallas it has 2 nos nozzles in the stock airbox and direct port fuel nozzles in the final section of the rubber intake runners before the throttle bodies.

Scott this is with the clutch upgrade.

Nate
Alba Racing.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
That thing flat gets after it! Nice job! :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts