Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have Alba flash their tranny computer on an SS. My understanding is that it will alter the tune to faster shift and down shift like a 2019. They can also tune a few other attributes with the tranny but I am only interested in the faster shifts.

Thought?

·
Registered
85 Posts
When the Black Friday is in session, I'll be sending the computter to Alba for this flash. I would've done it last BF but decided I already spent enough on the deals.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone have Alba flash their tranny computer on an SS. My understanding is that it will alter the tune to faster shift and down shift like a 2019. They can also tune a few other attributes with the tranny but I am only interested in the faster shifts.

Thought?
Had it done on 2017 SS SE before leaving for Arizona for winter. Live in Northern Wisconsin. Back home end of May trails will be open. Anxious to try It out. Was told by member here easy access to MCU is to remove driver side front wheel well plastic. I'll post after I get home and install it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke to Alba and asked if this reprogramming with faster shifts would be easier or harder on the clutch pack. They told me it would be harder, so I am waiting for feedback also before pursuing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The quicker shifts actually are easier on the clutch. The faster the shift the less slip the clutch has when shifting.

Nate
Alba Racing
How much does faster shifting cost these days?

Never mind, I found it on sale.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had it done on 2017 SS SE before leaving for Arizona for winter. Live in Northern Wisconsin. Back home end of May trails will be open. Anxious to try It out. Was told by member here easy access to MCU is to remove driver side front wheel well plastic. I'll post after I get home and install it.
Got back today; May 12th installed Alba updated MCU. Very happy money well spent. Not only shifts faster, but A lot smoother. I elected to leave everything at stock settings only shortened the shift time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts