Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It all depends on the load you place on the system . It seems that you can get away with running a light bar whips intercom chase light and that would be about it to be on the safe side . If not to late take a look at Tube works alternator kit it is much less problematic.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I’m running the Yamaha alternator kit on my ‘16. It has been great, and overall has given almost no problems. Had very slight oil seepage at the crank seal, but promptly went away after proper tightening of the nut. Runs any electrical load I throw at it.
Bought it for $450, so it was great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Saw another kit that looks like it bolts onto the flywheel? But haven't heard any reviews.

I’m running the Yamaha alternator kit on my ‘16. It has been great, and overall has given almost no problems. Had very slight oil seepage at the crank seal, but promptly went away after proper tightening of the nut. Runs any electrical load I throw at it.
Bought it for $450, so it was great bang for the buck.
What did proper tightening entail?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.