Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 YXZ 1000R SS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2019 YXZ with beadlock rims and stock Maxxis Bighorns. They are getting pretty beat up after 1,400 miles and looking to replace them soon with a DOT approved tire for better wear. I know tires are often personal preference but since I'm newer to offroad, I figured I would ask. Tire suggestions? I've seen suggestions on here for Tusk Terrabytes, Tensor Regulator and Kanati Mongrel tires, but have yet to find them in stock anywhere. Availability appears to be a problem. For example, Discount Tires only has Bighorns on their site, nothing else.
  • I live in AZ and ride in the desert; mostly fire roads, hard pack, loose gravel roads, some rocky terrain
  • No dunes
  • I ride on pavement to get to the trails, maybe 7-10 miles each way
  • Front is currently 29x9x14; rear is 29x11x14. I don't need bigger tires.
  • Local dealer (not a Yamaha dealer) suggested BF Goodwrench KM3, mostly because it was available, but that's advertised as a "mud terrain" tire. No mud in AZ.
  • Local dealer also suggested running 9" width front and rear; I usually prefer to keep stock setup and figure Yamaha knows better than me
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2019 YXZ with beadlock rims and stock Maxxis Bighorns. They are getting pretty beat up after 1,400 miles and looking to replace them soon with a DOT approved tire for better wear. I know tires are often personal preference but since I'm newer to offroad, I figured I would ask. Tire suggestions? I've seen suggestions on here for Tusk Terrabytes, Tensor Regulator and Kanati Mongrel tires, but have yet to find them in stock anywhere. Availability appears to be a problem. For example, Discount Tires only has Bighorns on their site, nothing else.
  • I live in AZ and ride in the desert; mostly fire roads, hard pack, loose gravel roads, some rocky terrain
  • No dunes
  • I ride on pavement to get to the trails, maybe 7-10 miles each way
  • Front is currently 29x9x14; rear is 29x11x14. I don't need bigger tires.
  • Local dealer (not a Yamaha dealer) suggested BF Goodwrench KM3, mostly because it was available, but that's advertised as a "mud terrain" tire. No mud in AZ.
  • Local dealer also suggested running 9" width front and rear; I usually prefer to keep stock setup and figure Yamaha knows better than me
Thanks in advance.
Hi I live in Mesa and I’m looking at the mongrels and the dirt commanders right now. Mostly ride in the Tonto since the access point is 3.5 miles from my house. It’s mostly hard pack, a few rocky sections and some soft desert canyon sand along the salt river

1 - 2 of 2 Posts