Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title states im hoping to get some advice on what plows work on our machines! any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your YXZ should plow just fine. I actually plow with our razor 800 but plowing works best at speed. You want to plow when the snow is less than 6 inches thick so that the snow with throw instead of push . And the faster the better so the clutch or SS should be no issue. You need a winch to adjust the plow and raise it going over things and turning around. You can get a general purpose plow from Northern Tool and than you have to fab the mounts on yourself. It's just two mounts on the bottom of the car and a winch and you are off and plowing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right on. i have seen threads where kolpin universal and moose plows were used with a bit of fabrication. I will look at northern tool as well. I already got the 4500 lb warn winch and aftermarket bumper. im Not worried about hurting the machine, i know its not "designed" for it but i think it could push a bit of snow without issue. I guess i was hoping to get some feedback on which plow set ups are being used and what fab work had to be done to fit a small one on safely. Thanks guys. any other brand suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I looked into this last year, no one makes a specific plow and mount for the yxz. Mounting one with a plate you drill holes where your frame rails are and use u bolts to secure seems to be pretty easy to do though.

YXZs arent also technically made for anything but dunes and races but whats the fun in not modifying things to fit other needs. And the warranty would never know if you had a plow if you take it off lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts