Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the family are headed out on that Thursday to the dunes- Ive never been but hear its a blast-- Would love to meet some uf you if youre headed out-- cheers

·
Registered
190 Posts
We are heading out too. Hoping for some demo rides. Haven't heard Yamaha will have any there. They just announced the 4 seat turbo RZR this morning. That should be interesting!!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I am hoping to get out there but I may just bring my truck and no MH, since I may have a big bid due on that Friday. IDK yet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats awesome! Ive been to glamis a bunch, but never for camp rzr! This should be a blast! Hope to see ya'll out there-- I think the few of us driving the short yellow school buses will probably stick out like sore thumbs!!;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thats awesome! Ive been to glamis a bunch, but never for camp rzr! This should be a blast! Hope to see ya'll out there-- I think the few of us driving the short yellow school buses will probably stick out like sore thumbs!!;)
I'm going to be there from Thursday to Sunday. Us Canned Ham guys have been driving the short yellow bus for a couple of seasons now...lol. Camp RZR is cool. Lots of partying going on Fri & Sat nights. We are headed down to wash 15 for that weekend. A lot quieter, and mucho less dust at night.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm going to be there from Thursday to Sunday. Us Canned Ham guys have been driving the short yellow bus for a couple of seasons now...lol. Camp RZR is cool. Lots of partying going on Fri & Sat nights. We are headed down to wash 15 for that weekend. A lot quieter, and mucho less dust at night.
Gets even quieter and less dusty in 22, LOL!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Need some advice from guys that know Glamis. Heading out Thursday morning, 38' toy hauler, 4 wheel drive f250, what area by noon Thursday, should I head toward to camp.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Need some advice from guys that know Glamis. Heading out Thursday morning, 38' toy hauler, 4 wheel drive f250, what area by noon Thursday, should I head toward to camp.
Have you ever been to Glamis? I will be in 22, in the back near the dunes. Don't know how many more, but supposed to be a few. You're welcome to hang with us, up to you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have you ever been to Glamis? I will be in 22, in the back near the dunes. Don't know how many more, but supposed to be a few. You're welcome to hang with us, up to you.
Hollywood in the hizzouse. Appreciate that. Looks like you come in and and head toward the washes to the right. Is it hard pack or sand back there? Any danger of getting stuck?

·
Registered
28 Posts
True, true...but we got some young ones to take trick or treating. Not much action down that far for them. Besides...it's a long way from 22 to the bar! lol

I could, might, well probably would get lost!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Camp RZR Halloween is a lot of fun! I'll be there for the day on Sat. I usually stay down near Walters Camp on the river and drive that area. I usually only hit the dunes in the summer when no ones there. Ride from 5-8 am go back to the river, eat breakfast and on the water by 10 looking for a sandbar! Anyhow I don't have a YXZ yet so I'll be driving my matte titanium XP1K4. If any of you guys out there in your new Yami's see some idiot driving a RZR like mine trying to flag you down that's probably me!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hollywood in the hizzouse. Appreciate that. Looks like you come in and and head toward the washes to the right. Is it hard pack or sand back there? Any danger of getting stuck?
The wash road is hard packed with a speed limit. You go over it, trust me you will be ticketed. Also, there is a stop sign at wash 10. STOP. You don't you'll be ticketed. All the washes are pretty hard packed, but you still run a risk of hitting soft sand. You get to know what it looks like after enough trips. If you happen to hit soft sand, and get stuck, do not give it more gas. You are only going to bury yourself deeper. Always bring a shovel with you. Helps you get unstuck, and digs you a fire pit. Make damn sure you have a dune pass, and your toys need 1 of 3 things, Cali green sticker if you're from Cali, license plate with the year sticker on it, attached to the toy, or an out of state off road sticker. Not having a dune pass gets you a ticket, not having 1 of the 3 vehicle registration get your toy confiscated and more tickets. Also, NO GLASS BOTTLES

·
Registered
674 Posts
Camp RZR Halloween is a lot of fun! I'll be there for the day on Sat. I usually stay down near Walters Camp on the river and drive that area. I usually only hit the dunes in the summer when no ones there. Ride from 5-8 am go back to the river, eat breakfast and on the water by 10 looking for a sandbar! Anyhow I don't have a YXZ yet so I'll be driving my matte titanium XP1K4. If any of you guys out there in your new Yami's see some idiot driving a RZR like mine trying to flag you down that's probably me!
I see lots of idiots drive RZRS......
Sorry, too easy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The wash road is hard packed with a speed limit. You go over it, trust me you will be ticketed. Also, there is a stop sign at wash 10. STOP. You don't you'll be ticketed. All the washes are pretty hard packed, but you still run a risk of hitting soft sand. You get to know what it looks like after enough trips. If you happen to hit soft sand, and get stuck, do not give it more gas. You are only going to bury yourself deeper. Always bring a shovel with you. Helps you get unstuck, and digs you a fire pit. Make damn sure you have a dune pass, and your toys need 1 of 3 things, Cali green sticker if you're from Cali, license plate with the year sticker on it, attached to the toy, or an out of state off road sticker. Not having a dune pass gets you a ticket, not having 1 of the 3 vehicle registration get your toy confiscated and more tickets. Also, NO GLASS BOTTLES
Thank you for the heads up. Damn. Sounds like some ticket happy fools running around out there. Never heard of getting a ticket at a stop sign of a wash on a dirt road....classic!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts