Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting kind of ansie waiting on my blue/white YXZ and have a buddy that still works at a Pilaris dealership.
In house discount plus the 1K discount is looking pretty tempting.
Here in Norther Cali, that would put me under 19K OTD
Taxes, freight , set up-whatever is included
I think under 19K is a great deal on a 16'
I e-mailed my Yami dealer for an OTD price on the Yami again, we'll see where he lands.
Im not sure why I'm giving this a second thought but damn, it's tough to fight.,.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was $18600.00 out the door ? Here in central PA. I to was waiting on blue one but I must say the yellow and black has reeled me in. Will be painting middle white plastics black also , and adding black flares , should drown out yellow I notice that there is flakes in the yellow so it's nice

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't get anywhere near that in Cali
Local dealer is 25K OTD
Makes no sense since an XP would be 6 grand less for me
I'm really on the fence here...
But 6K pays for a lot of stuff!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I understand the price difference too!

The prices where I bought were a lot closer than 6,ooo tho.
Xp 16,600
YXZ 19,450
XpT 21,995
(The blue and white YXZ here is 18,200)
But I also know how much car that NA xp1000 is for the 3000 less. I have already had the xp1k tho, so I wanted to give the YXZ a try.

By the way, Too me, all these prices are still expensive for a toy too. But Some good news is these machines hold their value Very, very well.

If you can resist from spending a ton of money on the Accessories, then you can get a bunch of your money back when you decide to upgrade.

Good luck! I know I really struggled with my decision between the xpT and Yxz.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That polaris will eat up 6k in replacement parts real quick.
Typical blue kool-aid answer. Don't forget to buy your spare clutch fibers, gaskets, oil and tow strap so your buddy's RZR can tow you back to camp to replace your clutch. Yamaha only needs to sale 649,000 more machines to be even with Polaris to compare longevity and failures. I think they finally delivered 1000 machines and some dealers are not moving them as quick as they thought, must be that all SXS's are created equal and will all have issues. As I said before, slowest release ever and they ruined their own hype!!!

shouldn't the orange and the blue YXZ be called 2017's since that's when we may finally see them? Yamaha rebates will be coming soon!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
The
Typical blue kool-aid answer. Don't forget to buy your spare clutch fibers, gaskets, oil and tow strap so your buddy's RZR can tow you back to camp to replace your clutch. Yamaha only needs to sale 649,000 more machines to be even with Polaris to compare longevity and failures. I think they finally delivered 1000 machines and some dealers are not moving them as quick as they thought, must be that all SXS's are created equal and will all have issues. As I said before, slowest release ever and they ruined their own hype!!!

shouldn't the orange and the blue YXZ be called 2017's since that's when we may finally see them? Yamaha rebates will be coming soon!!!

Don't count on that. The release is normal. Plants don't churn machines any faster. 2k miles and stock clutch and tons of beginners driving. No lol aid answer at all. I'll take a clutch fiber pack ( any real rider) has done one or two on their machines over the years then a belt change every couple hundred miles. Not to mention the poor parts quality and inferior parts used on a Polaris.

Don't post how they are all equal and its kook aid. I'll put up a Yamaha control arm against a Polaris control arm for quality of metal used and durability any day of the week. Let me know which you want to impart. Engines, no comparison. Yamaha will win that battle every time.

But hey, Yamaha sells 13 units to every 1 Polaris even with all those strong SXS sales for poopoo. Call it what you want, Polaris will never be Honda or Yamaha.

·
Registered
677 Posts

Typical Polaris kool aid response, I learned from other people n friends that have n had Polaris machines n had all sorts of problems with them n for the size of the Polaris company n wouldn't even back their product n blamed the customer for the problems. A/arms bending/cracking, Trans leaks, Ball joints snapping/wearing way to fast, front drive line not in balance, Engines sucking in a lot of dirt, Tps problems, Fuel pumps r shit, Eating belts, One way bearings locking up, Reverse chains breaking, Wheel bearings, Shocks bending, Starting problems, n the list goes on n on. N to u that's a quality machine? U can buy them but not me. Polaris does not even come close to Yamaha in any area. Polaris has had the rzr out for how long now n still have major quality issues with them, To me that's B/S but if u want to waste ur money on them go for it I am sure that u will be happy with them. In case u do not know this is the 1st year for the YXZ n so far its only the clutch on some of them. And yes it could be just a bad batch but we all will see in time. And that will be n easy fix. Polaris proved to me year after year for their quality to be crap. When I get my Yamaha it will be built with QUALITY! Polaris Its a Mexico product built with Chinese parts yeah that's a great combination. I will support the American workers before Mexico any day. But u do what u want after all its a free country, LOL at least I think it still is.

·
Registered
677 Posts
So I'm getting kind of ansie waiting on my blue/white YXZ and have a buddy that still works at a Pilaris dealership.
In house discount plus the 1K discount is looking pretty tempting.
Here in Norther Cali, that would put me under 19K OTD
Taxes, freight , set up-whatever is included
I think under 19K is a great deal on a 16'
I e-mailed my Yami dealer for an OTD price on the Yami again, we'll see where he lands.
Im not sure why I'm giving this a second thought but damn, it's tough to fight.,.
Yes Polaris is dropping their prices big time, That just tells me that they r having a hard time selling what they have. If they were selling good they wouldn't be dropping their prices. I cant wait for Yamaha to slow down in selling the YXZ so they would drop their prices too. Just a thought

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes Polaris is dropping their prices big time, That just tells me that they r having a hard time selling what they have. If they were selling good they wouldn't be dropping their prices. I cant wait for Yamaha to slow down in selling the YXZ so they would drop their prices too. Just a thought
The big rebate only applies to left over 2015 machines. FYI. Zero rebates on the 2016 XPT. Just like Candham has done for the past 6 months exept they offered 2 grand and a blow job.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The big rebate only applies to left over 2015 machines. FYI. Zero rebates on the 2016 XPT. Just like Candham has done for the past 6 months exept they offered 2 grand and a blow job.
Yes I agree because they are not selling, No company in their right mind would give big rebates or just plain drop prices if they were selling strong. My neighbor just bought a new 2015 900 4 seater for n unbelievable price 2 weeks ago, They r doing anything just to get rid of them. They have to make room for the 2016s.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yes I agree because they are not selling, No company in their right mind would give big rebates or just plain drop prices if they were selling strong. My neighbor just bought a new 2015 900 4 seater for n unbelievable price 2 weeks ago, They r doing anything just to get rid of them. They have to make room for the 2016s.
Some of this "blow out sales" have to do with the newer models are coming out with more hp too.

ie: 16' model xds has 131 horse, and I'm sure there will be an S1000 4 seater in 16 too.

I don't know about the Polaris units because I wasn't searching for one. But the 15 xds were selling very well. They were getting very hard to find by end of Sept.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Typical Polaris kool aid response, I learned from other people n friends that have n had Polaris machines n had all sorts of problems with them n for the size of the Polaris company n wouldn't even back their product n blamed the customer for the problems. A/arms bending/cracking, Trans leaks, Ball joints snapping/wearing way to fast, front drive line not in balance, Engines sucking in a lot of dirt, Tps problems, Fuel pumps r shit, Eating belts, One way bearings locking up, Reverse chains breaking, Wheel bearings, Shocks bending, Starting problems, n the list goes on n on. N to u that's a quality machine? U can buy them but not me. Polaris does not even come close to Yamaha in any area. Polaris has had the rzr out for how long now n still have major quality issues with them, To me that's B/S but if u want to waste ur money on them go for it I am sure that u will be happy with them. In case u do not know this is the 1st year for the YXZ n so far its only the clutch on some of them. And yes it could be just a bad batch but we all will see in time. And that will be n easy fix. Polaris proved to me year after year for their quality to be crap. When I get my Yamaha it will be built with QUALITY! Polaris Its a Mexico product built with Chinese parts yeah that's a great combination. I will support the American workers before Mexico any day. But u do what u want after all its a free country, LOL at least I think it still is.
I will reply to this in 5 years when there is data to support or deny your claims. Dumb shit drivers is not the fault of any brand and the cause of more than 50% of failures and people cheat the warranty system by blaming the brand. Mexico, china, Jap we are all guilty of not buying american even if assembled in Georgia in the SXS industry

·
Registered
97 Posts
so Ford, Chevy, Honda, Ram etc... are all doing this to make room on their lots for 16's and the brand gives the dealer a rebate to dump them. Yamaha will do the same thing in 2017

·
Registered
613 Posts
Why don't you reply to the POS Money sucking Polaris 20000 dollar Xp 1000 consumer funded R and D project, it's been 2 years now and it feel like 100 with all the issues those things have, I know I put 3400 miles on mine. EVERYTHING zztop said is true. I will never buy a Polaris product again. Once agin thank god for this Yamaha

·
Registered
677 Posts
I will reply to this in 5 years when there is data to support or deny your claims. Dumb shit drivers is not the fault of any brand and the cause of more than 50% of failures and people cheat the warranty system by blaming the brand. Mexico, china, Jap we are all guilty of not buying american even if assembled in Georgia in the SXS industry
What I am saying is that Polaris does have a lot of known problems for years n does not correct them. I worked at a dealership n seen the same problems year after year n their customer service n warranties really suck! I am sorry but its not always the driver's fault! And that's what Polaris loves to say when there is a claim. A lot of the parts that r made for Polaris is with cheap materials n will not hold up period. Now with the 2016 turbo they finally made good changes for the better we will have to wait to see how they will hold up. But as for the 2015 n older I would never ever buy one.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have very good luck with all of the SXS i have bought, except one Polaris. But, they stepped up and repaired it under their 6mos warranty and then the extra warranty company paid for the other repairs too.

But, I really feel like the intro of this new yamaha will be good for us consumers... Even the ones loyal to just one Brand! I don't think it's any coincidence the new xpT car came out with a lot of their well known challenges fixed ! If Can Am follows suit with a new better clutching system in 2017, then it is a win/win again.

I think a lot of people tend to over look whats happening because of this new yamaha. Even if I was a Koolaide drinker for another brand, I would be very Happy the Yamaha is now in the game!... Unless my money making was directly tied to either of those brands, then I would be on bashing too!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

That Rzr won't be towing anything back because it will be used to start a bomb fire out on the trail.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What I am saying is that Polaris does have a lot of known problems for years n does not correct them. I worked at a dealership n seen the same problems year after year n their customer service n warranties really suck! I am sorry but its not always the driver's fault! And that's what Polaris loves to say when there is a claim. A lot of the parts that r made for Polaris is with cheap materials n will not hold up period. Now with the 2016 turbo they finally made good changes for the better we will have to wait to see how they will hold up. But as for the 2015 n older I would never ever buy one.

The problem is many think this starts with their SXS. It doesn't long before SXS existed they were the very same problems with their watercraft and many quads

1 - 20 of 41 Posts