Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was holding out for something new from Yamaha but the new Wolverine isn't going to cut it. I am looking to purchase a 1000R SE by the end of the year. While looking at the website at the 2021's I noticed they Yamaha does not have a 2021 YXZ1000R SE listed, just the YXZ1000R.......Thoughts????

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes I can't get the SE to come up as a 21. I guess 3 pedal people aren't special anymore ;) If they did eliminate it I'd guess it would be because of smaller sales of the clutch model and just offer it as the base model. With the new Xtr maybe they wanted to keep just 4 models.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Or maybe using up all the old parts cause we are gonna get something new next year??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The guys at Hess Motorsports told me that 2022 is the refresh model year for the YXZ. Let the rumors begin!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Are you guys saying there is no more manual clutch model for 2021??

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was shocked to say the least at all the updates they did in 19. Think I'd die if the did more major updates next year. Will be interesting to see with the new Wolverine and Yami's business model of building one thing and keep on producing it close to the same way until it goes out of production. Wonder if they will continue to evolve the Yxz. As a woods rider the only thing I would like is a little better suspension, just a little lacking compared to my XP but it is close enough that I'm happy with it, but making it too plush might take away from what makes it feel like a Yxz. Plenty of power, don't need a low range, have never used it in my Poo and would never use it in the Yami. Maybe suicide doors and a useable cup holder and more vertical seating. That laid back crap is for kids. You know you are pretty happy when one of the changes you'd make is the cupholder:)

·
Registered
496 Posts
The only thing missing on the 2021 three peddle car is a top, bead locks, and rear view mirror. It comes standard with duel rate shocks which is the best reason to get the SE. Maybe the bead locks too, but most change wheels anyway.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was shocked to say the least at all the updates they did in 19. Think I'd die if the did more major updates next year. Will be interesting to see with the new Wolverine and Yami's business model of building one thing and keep on producing it close to the same way until it goes out of production. Wonder if they will continue to evolve the Yxz. As a woods rider the only thing I would like is a little better suspension, just a little lacking compared to my XP but it is close enough that I'm happy with it, but making it too plush might take away from what makes it feel like a Yxz. Plenty of power, don't need a low range, have never used it in my Poo and would never use it in the Yami. Maybe suicide doors and a useable cup holder and more vertical seating. That laid back crap is for kids. You know you are pretty happy when one of the changes you'd make is the cupholder:)
Suicide doors!!?? I hope never. I wish my x3 had doors like the yxz. So much easier to get in and out of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts