Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how you folks divide your time between the two activities, or do you just mainly offroad in the non boating months or when weather wont permit boating. Assuming of course that you dont live in a year round boating area.
I'm a big boater, so I dont Invision using the sxs much in the summer. That said, I am always interested in what others do. Thanks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I generally let the side by sides sit during June - Aug and just head to the lake during those months. Once in a while we get a good break during monsoons and I will take advantage of those windows to go for some muddy rides.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ1000R SS SE White
136 Posts
Just have to bounce from one to the other as rides pop up, but the boat (also a Yamaha lol) usually gets the nod in the summer months unless there is a good group going sxs riding.

·
Registered
483 Posts
We boat but it is my least favorite of the two. Going around in circles all day just isn't that exciting to me. The wife, kids and grandkids love it so that is the only reason I still do it. We have a lake about 20 minutes from our house so during the summer we usually hit it during the week after work and save the weekends for riding.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We boat but it is my least favorite of the two. Going around in circles all day just isn't that exciting to me. The wife, kids and grandkids love it so that is the only reason I still do it. We have a lake about 20 minutes from our house so during the summer we usually hit it during the week after work and save the weekends for riding.
I used to be 10 minutes from the ramp. Now, it's about an hour or so. Makes a big difference. My boating trips now have to be planned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts