Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has installed chase lights. I want to run some amber that come on with the lights. Some red that are connected to the brake lights and maybe a white one connected to a dash switch. Not sure what to mount them to since there is no cross bar at the back of the roof. Also have seen the lights from the RLB store and wanted an opinion on their product. Finally I saw someone selling a wiring harness that plugs into the tail light. I assume that's is for powering relays to do what I want with the brake and running lights. But now I can't find it. Has anyone used this harness? Finally I was thinking about going with the Sirius led light bar by Motoalliance. Anyone try these yet? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm running a cheap one that I got off Ebay. I've had to return it once because it quit working. It has brake/tail and amber strobes that you can change the pattern on. It also has a center white light that I use as a back up light. I'm usually the one leading the pack and my friends have told me how much better they can see me in dusty conditions when running hard. I just mounted it right to the stock roof using a spacer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks like I did exactly what you were thinking. I just used the little Cyclone lights from KC HiLites. I have the Factory UTV Cage reinforcement kit which puts a horizontal bar right where I needed it to mount the lights.
I used the UTV inc harness for the Red and Amber lights. (Red tied to brake, Amber lights turn on with headlights) The white lights are tied to a toggle switch on my dash, I angled the white ones down a bit and use them for backup and workbench lights.

20161011_175434.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought the eBay chase light and I really like it. Easy to wire and very bright.
It has a stand alone controller fof the amber strobe, I wired the the white lights to a switch, and used the utv Inc brake light wiring harness. Although I had to wire a resistor in the tail light so it would be dimmer than the brake lights.

IMG_20161008_183051.jpg

IMG_20160905_134114.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I did exactly what you were thinking. I just used the little Cyclone lights from KC HiLites. I have the Factory UTV Cage reinforcement kit which puts a horizontal bar right where I needed it to mount the lights.
I used the UTV inc harness for the Red and Amber lights. (Red tied to brake, Amber lights turn on with headlights) The white lights are tied to a toggle switch on my dash, I angled the white ones down a bit and use them for backup and workbench lights.

View attachment 54618
I like this. I will have to look into reinforcement kit. Scares me to just mount to the plastic roof.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm running a cheap one that I got off Ebay. I've had to return it once because it quit working. It has brake/tail and amber strobes that you can change the pattern on. It also has a center white light that I use as a back up light. I'm usually the one leading the pack and my friends have told me how much better they can see me in dusty conditions when running hard. I just mounted it right to the stock roof using a spacer.
Do you have a pic of your install? I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling drilling thru the plastic roof to mount my chase bar. Using the lower cross bar is not an option for me because I have the swing out spare tire mount from Yamaha.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the eBay chase light and I really like it. Easy to wire and very bright.
It has a stand alone controller fof the amber strobe, I wired the the white lights to a switch, and used the utv Inc brake light wiring harness. Although I had to wire a resistor in the tail light so it would be dimmer than the brake lights.

View attachment 54650

View attachment 54658
BigBearSteve, looks like I ordered the exact rear lightbar as you did? Were you able to wire the white lights to a reverse, it sounds like you just control them with a separate switch. Would you mind sharing what color wire you used to connect to the brake light and how you wired the extra switch for the white lights? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
BigBearSteve, looks like I ordered the exact rear lightbar as you did? Were you able to wire the white lights to a reverse, it sounds like you just control them with a separate switch. Would you mind sharing what color wire you used to connect to the brake light and how you wired the extra switch for the white lights? Thank you for your help.
I couldn't find a way to wire the white light to a reverse circuit, so it is run to it's own switch.
I used the DZ Motorsports plug to run the brake and tail lights, although I did put a resistor in line to make the running light a little dimmer than the brake light.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I couldn't find a way to wire the white light to a reverse circuit, so it is run to it's own switch.
I used the DZ Motorsports plug to run the brake and tail lights, although I did put a resistor in line to make the running light a little dimmer than the brake light.
Thanks... do you know what size type of resister you used... I am noticing it is quite bright as well... thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts