Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok I have installed this on mine and I definitely love the turning radius now . Just hope it doesn’t affect my cv joints. Also I have the 1.7 ratio. I will give more feedback after I hit the track.
Sweet! I can't wait to hear your report. This might be my next mod.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Sweet! I can't wait to hear your report. This might be my next mod.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Up date on the steering rack. All I can say is it works awesome. So much easier to keep the car controlled with little effort. And the extra turning radius is absolutely a blessing!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Up date on the steering rack. All I can say is it works awesome. So much easier to keep the car controlled with little effort. And the extra turning radius is absolutely a blessing!
That is great to hear. Which version did you buy?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Damn, that price seems great. Wasn't really too interested in the steering quickener but I might just have to try it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed the wicked bilt 1.7 rack on my 19 SS SE. Love the quality but my power steering gives up after just 1/8-1/4 turn, then it gets very heavy even when moving.. Dunno whats up with that but I need to do something as we leave this Thursday for Ride Royal Blue in Tennessee. I know there are potential issues with this type of modification, but dang... I do know about the power steering upgrades that Weller and Hess have, but the Weller is out of stock and the Hess is just expensive. Anyone else have this issue and was there another fix besides the mentioned ones?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Did you double check the electrical connections? If so, my next step would be to call the manufacturer. Doesn't seem right. The main issue with these units should be overheating the control for the servo assist motor when you are really ripping the steering back and forth a lot. I think Hess and Weller both address that issue by modding the control box, probably with a better heat sink.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did not check the electrical connections. I didn't unplug anything to install the rack. It worked just fine with the stock rack. I have been searching for the Weller box, but not any for sale anywhere.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts