Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Seems like not too many are working on ANY windshields. I'd just like to have a decent half windshield for mine.
Hello.....aftermarket guys???

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't think a "glass" windshield would be a good idea on a machine that has the potential to flip while having fun. Plexy is the way to go. Anything can flip I AM NOT saying anything negative about the YXZ before anyone gets their panties all twisted up. Im debating on a half windshield all the time or a full windshield for the winter and the wind deflector for summer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't think a "glass" windshield would be a good idea on a machine that has the potential to flip while having fun. Plexy is the way to go. Anything can flip I AM NOT saying anything negative about the YXZ before anyone gets their panties all twisted up. Im debating on a half windshield all the time or a full windshield for the winter and the wind deflector for summer.
safety glass the only way to go.. plexy or lexan will be clear for about 1 ride.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glass windshields are DOT approved I don't see an issue with it. Lexan full windshields suck they will get swirl marks and flat attract the dust. I've ran a glass windshield on my RZR for 3000 miles with no issues, and it stays clean ll day.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your correct about the plexy it does scratches easy. Guess I'm thinking about my road cars and the one I flipped. Have a few scars from the tempered safety glass.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm hoping Yamaha surprises us with a glass front and rear, and maybe some framed fabric or lexan upper doors. Not going to hold my breath though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts