Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
In my opinion -- Recluse has made a mistake on this point.

Their mindset is racing based on the motorcycle. It doesn't have a driveshaft/u joints/couplers and flywheel to take into account. Also vehicle weight between the two is vastly different.

Shifting without the clutch -- I prefer like you to drive the machine and not wrench on it. Something one is going to have to do if one clutchless shifts.

Just my view .. .. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
not conjecture and/or a
speculation at this point as I have been running at this set up for 600 miles...... If you run the rekluse, with all the remaining stock parts, it will in fact take a beating. this machine is damn near a ton with two men in it.... it basically has a motorcycle transmission in it..... speed shifting is idiotic under these conditions.....as usual, the folks whom are running it will give real time evals.... and the potential owners can supply as to what they may encounter with a rekluse on a heavy sxs

·
Registered
809 Posts
In my opinion -- Recluse has made a mistake on this point.
I don't know if it's a mistake or not but the reason i remembered it being in the book was because i thought it odd that they would say that due to the fact that the Recluse does nothing different than stock beyond what ever RMP you have the slave sdjusted to so if it's ok to shift without the clutch with the Recluse, it should be ok to shift it the same way without a Rekluse.

·
Registered
26 Posts
on my 2016 yxz can i use the rekluse with the barrnet spring conversion pressure plate ?
No but there is an upgrade kit from Rekluse that adds their six spring pressure plate. I swapped in this kit and clutch feel is perfect now, just like a dirt bike (the way it should be). Remove and drill the basket for improved oiling while you are in there if this has not been done.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
238 Posts
@Barney - I have a Rekluse and it already has their billet pressure plate and 6 springs (it is the Exp 3.0 and I popped it in about 1.5 years ago). I just had the tranny out/clutch apart several times and the springs are blue for sure.

Is there something I am missing - not seeing any issues over the last 1k miles with existing, considering more HP so your comment interests me. Do you have different springs? I would assume so if it is affecting clutch pedal feel.

Also - good call on an easy fix to clutch oiling too..

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Barney - I have a Rekluse and it already has their billet pressure plate and 6 springs (it is the Exp 3.0 and I popped it in about 1.5 years ago). I just had the tranny out/clutch apart several times and the springs are blue for sure.

Is there something I am missing - not seeing any issues over the last 1k miles with existing, considering more HP so your comment interests me. Do you have different springs? I would assume so if it is affecting clutch pedal feel.

Also - good call on an easy fix to clutch oiling too..
I had the Rekluse installed by the dealer before a friend picked up my 2016 YXZ and brought to me in AZ. It was the early Rekluse that reused the OEM black diaphragm (conical washer) pressure plate. When I re geared and drilled the basket and installed new Barnett clutch I also installed the the Rekluse upgrade kit which is the six spring pressure plate. I installed the only springs in the box which have blue paint on them. I like the pedal travel/clutch engagement now, all is good!

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
238 Posts
@Barney - Good to know - sounds like we both have the same setup, love mine and have zero issues. Clutch feel is good too as I know what you mean. I guess it comes down to fibers and steels at this point - I'm running Alba HD as I could get them fast before my trip to the dunes.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts