Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I’m prepping for riding season this year it’s finally time for a new battery. This left me with the question of which type of battery do I get? Do I get a cheap lead acid battery that will last a season or two or do I get a nice EXPENSIVE battery that will hopefully last longer? Every person will be different but for me I was weighing lifespan, price and power output. The cheap easy to get batteries are in the $50 to $60 range such as the everstarts at pep boys commonly referred to as the “neverstarts”. I expected this to last only a season and struggle the second.

I searched around for an American made AGM battery which I was able to find. The CCA’s were about half of the CCA’s of the recommended Fullthrottle Battery. That right there unfortunately pushed me towards the imported full throttle battery. I have installed the battery and it seems to have been the perfect direction to go. My car at idle was maintaining 12.9v with radiator fan, intercooler fan, rear chase light bar, air pumper, headlights, onX light bar on the bumper as well as the overhead light bar. I was incredibly impressed it could handle that much draw even at idle. I’m stoked and completely sold on this battery so far.

Lithium Ion, I researched but was told there are people who have issues. After a little further research I stuck with the full throttle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts