Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo, finally got the new Cage Installed yesterday. Big shout out to Moses Guillen of Brick City Fabs for their great work. Added a color matched Roof Rack for long ride and camp excursions. Some before and after picks.
Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Hood

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks awesome, did moses build that custom spare tire mount or did you buy that somewhere else, I need that!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the spare tire rack separately. Had to bang and bend a little to get the pins in. Which is a good thing, it bounced and rattled on the stock cage and drove me nuts. It’s wedged tight now, no more rattling and bouncing

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought the spare tire rack separately. Had to bang and bend a little to get the pins in. Which is a good thing, it bounced and rattled on the stock cage and drove me nuts. It’s wedged tight now, no more rattling and bouncing
I recon you pull a side loose or the entire mount each time you want in the rear box ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I need to cut the 90 deg bend out and re-welded as a straight piece. I can squeeze into the trunk as it is right now. With the desert getting in the triple digits right now, you want that spare with you at all times. You’ll die trying to hike 10 miles out. So while it’s inconvenient, it’s smart to carry the spare. At some point I’ll get it reworked

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I recon you pull a side loose or the entire mount each time you want in the rear box ?
It has pins on each side and swings out… but it’s wedged very tightly in the brackets so it wouldn’t be real easy, but it doesn’t rattle. 😂 now that I’m thinking about it, it might be easier to install removable pins in the trunk hatch hinges, pull the pins and slide the trunk lid off completely

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got one on order but I'm scared my head is going to hit. How tall are you? and how much room do you have between your helmet and the bars?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got one on order but I'm scared my head is going to hit. How tall are you? and how much room do you have between your helmet and the bars?
Moses has several heights to choose from, just make sure you tell him how tall you are and what you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts