·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: dascrow

·
Registered
171 Posts
As I replied to the youtube comments section watch the YXZ's tires around the :59 mark and explain to me what happened? Why did the tires stop throwing sand briefly? I'm not saying that would've made a difference for it to win the race obviously but it wouldn't have gotten smoked like it did!

·
Registered
589 Posts
You know what it looks like? He dumped the clutch in first..saw the shift light and put it in 2nd before it was actually moving good. In that case, he would have been better off just starting in 2nd.

Also, this is a different race than the first one posted.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I replied to the youtube comments section watch the YXZ's tires around the :59 mark and explain to me what happened? Why did the tires stop throwing sand briefly? I'm not saying that would've made a difference for it to win the race obviously but it wouldn't have gotten smoked like it did!
Yea, good observation. It's either shift from 1st to 2nd or near stall ? Bizarre nevertheless

Reactions: JMOKC

·
Registered
171 Posts
You know what it looks like? He dumped the clutch in first..saw the shift light and put it in 2nd before it was actually moving good. In that case, he would have been better off just starting in 2nd.

Also, this is a different race than the first one posted.
Agreed just wanted to get that out there before all of the haters come saying "the YXZ got smoked dude". I was suprised it won the suspension battle although I don't think they did a thorough test for that. What I took from it is that they all enjoyed driving the YXZ in the dunes which is all I needed to hear. I could care less if it loses to a drag race against turbo's. I know this motor has tons of potential gain wise and I'm confident the reliability will be there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I really like to see if they do test against NA Polaris 1000 and CanAm 1000, but great v ideo anyway.
milos
they should make a non turbo video to b fair but he did Say they were testing the flagship models i bet it would b alot closer for sure but not a blowout by any of those vehicles being non turbo but it was a good video

·
Registered
30 Posts
they should make a non turbo video to b fair but he did Say they were testing the flagship models i bet it would b alot closer for sure but not a blowout by any of those vehicles being non turbo but it was a good video
In reality they are interested in selling machines and not worried about who wins the race. I imagine with Yamaha taking sales away, they need to push the Rzr and Can Am harder to unload their inventory. Just my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mayb but id like to see 3non turbos compared so what r u saying that can am and polaris set this up and im not arguing with u by no means

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont want to give everything I got to drive it and keep it going all day at the dunes to be honest. It would be fun i'm sure but tiring,.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I suspect it will be a little like a traditional dirt bike: you can motor around in one or two gears, or get very busy when you start pushing your limits. :cool:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I dont want to give everything I got to drive it and keep it going all day at the dunes to be honest. It would be fun i'm sure but tiring,.
I really think this is going to be a "driver's car" Which in turns means a lot of people will be faster in the CVT cars. I have an 18 year old who can absolutely get it in a xp1000 with the right suspesnion set up. But part of our big discussion about going to a YXZ for next season was the fact he may actually be slower now. Knowing how to work a transmission and a motor the correct way takes driving experience. We were leaning towards an XDS Turbo car but we decided to give the yamaha a try first.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thats about what you would expect from a Turbo vs N/A comparison. The XDS did pretty well on the hill too. I woudl be really interested to see the YXZ with a turbo in the same race. Berts dropped the ball there as I am on the fence about the Turbo.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts