Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Trinity exhaust, Weller tune,RR Intercom & Radio,
501 Posts
My vote goes with CageWRX Super Shorty.

I welded this up a CageWRX over the winter for a friend. He had to try it out. I'll inspect welds using NDI magnetic process to see if it needs to be stripped and PC again.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Hood

Slow speed roll.... but, well, rolled all the same.

Nate

·
Registered
2021 yxz 1000r
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My vote goes with CageWRX Super Shorty.

I welded this up a CageWRX over the winter for a friend. He had to try it out. I'll inspect welds using NDI magnetic process to see if it needs to be stripped and PC again.

View attachment 120963

Slow speed roll.... but, well, rolled all the same.

Nate
I’m just curious how that’s even possible, my guy flipped it on level ground at slow speeds 😳 you weren’t even any donut marks on the grass😂 well the cage looks like it held up good. And you can put a new skid plate on change tire, you know all the stuff you do when your car is upside down!

·
Administrator
2018 SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Trinity exhaust, Weller tune,RR Intercom & Radio,
501 Posts
LOL. Yeah, I have no clue how he managed it. Just it was at slow speed and "the tire just seemed to catch".

Nate

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
Does your rear bar have a bend over/around the intake? When did u buy yours?
It does, but it's the factory rear bar cut down and welded in so I could use the factory Yamaha harness mounts that I already had.

Reactions: YumaYXZ

·
Registered
2021 yxz ss se
28 Posts
It does, but it's the factory rear bar cut down and welded in so I could use the factory Yamaha harness mounts that I already had.
Got it. I was about to be pissed lol. I bought the cagewrx ss and the rear bar goes right in front of the intake. They said it was fine when I called but then I see yours now and thought they changed it after all.

I kno OP already has a sweet new cage, but I'd imagine BCF would make a guy one or you could get a custom from BCF thru sxsblog. There isn't a sexier cage out there than some I've seen from Brick City Fab. Shame so few still make parts for the yxz.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
I can't take credit for the cage on my car. I got it from a friend and fellow member here. He had this super shorty on his 2019 with the factory seat belt mounts just like I did and wanted to keep them so it was his idea to weld the factory bar into the Cageworks cage. He wanted the Cagework Baja spec cage so I ordered a new one and we traded. He did the same thing to the new Baja spec cage. The cool thing is the rear cross bar on the Cageworks cage is in the exact same place as the factory cage.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts