Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
429 Posts
@Tcnitrous2114 Yes. I do not understand how their are custom kits with no fans on their intercoolers! KTs is nice they run dual super fans (higher end kit), one fan is plenty... But it's nice to know you have two if one were to fail.

Beware Weller fans sometimes burn out so carry an extra ($150) or upgrade to SPAL new brushless fans.

The only thing I don't like about the Weller is the location. I go through mud, water, snow, heavy sand, dirt, etc etc etc. Just the elements getting to it and being blasted with debris.

It looks nice and compact though....

· Vendor
14 Posts
I actually am considering going with the weller intercooler plenum kit and using a Donaldson airbox
DLP sells separately the same intercooler setup that's included in our Stage 1,2, and 3 kits. It's also the same intercooler used in every YXZ in the Pro-Turbo class Champ-Off Road World Series. Larger core than the Weller, includes a SPAL fan and a relayed harness for easy installation. Also ducted intake to allow better airflow through the core:

· Registered
180 Posts
My weller kit has had no issues with the jntercooler location. I run deserts and was just in a bunch of mud over new years without issue. I would say I could see it being susceptible to mud but it’s honestly not as exposed as one might think. The intercooler is relatively protected behind the plastic and oil sump tank.

· Registered
2019 White SS SE/GYTRv1 Turbo
553 Posts
Definitely the GYTRv1 with the GYTRv2 (ie. YFZ450R) heat exchanger/fan setup up front is going to the best bang for the buck. The GYTRv2 kit is good too, but the intake is kind of lame compared to the v1 setup, but I'd not kick either out of bed.

Some say the v1 is laggy but I don't think so, everywhere you go with these things you are well over 4k RPM anyway. Plus some turbo response delay and free'er flowing housings is easier on the engine (pistons and rods). If you were worried about lag the v2 kit and its smaller turbo should fix up that concern.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts