Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 3 pedal car and am looking to upgrade the clutch. Don’t need to, just a preemptive thing.
I have done some research on here and it looks like the tubeworks clutch is the best set up. There was a lot of good reviews for Alba products but it seems like tubeworks has the latest and greatest.
thanks in advance for any help or advice.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
I have the tubeworks oil mod installed and have been running stock clutch kit with three extra full size clutch discs without judder spring. Changed my original clutch at 4500 miles and not worn out just felt like time. Now at over 9100 miles and clutch still working fine. Going to change out clutch again and now i do not have to remove the clutch drum, can take clutch plates out and replace a little easier. Another stock yamaha clutch, 2016 3 pedal.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,180 Posts
Stock fibers and steels with tubeworks hub mod and an extra stock diaphragm spring. If you are not going turbo this is all you need.

Reactions: Iron Man

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm running Alba 6 spring pressure plate with there disk and plates. Its smoother shifting and holds stock to 400 horse. I also drilled the Oiling holes in my basket. I think there kit is like $270 and has oil and gasket. I'm running 18psi trouble free, and the clutch shifts smoother than stock.

· Registered
2019 YXZ1000R SS SE White
509 Posts
My clutch was pretty bulletproof while N/A Stock in my SS, up to 1300 miles. But just added the GYTRv1 Turbo kit and first time into boost in taller gears (ie. 4th, 5th) it was slipping. Installing the GYTR clutch soon, certainly it is to be a big improvement.

· Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2017 3 pedal car and am looking to upgrade the clutch. Don’t need to, just a preemptive thing.
I have done some research on here and it looks like the tubeworks clutch is the best set up. There was a lot of good reviews for Alba products but it seems like tubeworks has the latest and greatest.
thanks in advance for any help or advice.
I have a 2016 Packard supercharged 5lbs PSI, with a rekluse clutch. So far it has been reliable.Clutch feels great on launches & on normal take offs from neutral to1st. Very easy to use. I taught my 7 year old nephew to drive a 3 pedal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts