Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm going to see how they work out on my buddy's rzr first, Toyo open country at II 30x10.5 on a 15" rim. We ride mostly hard pack trails and then dunes/river beds, the same toyos work great on our trucks on the trails and aired down in the sand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bighorn 1's. Mine have well over 6000 miles on them from 3 different vehicles and have half tread left. There is no other. IMHO, the 2.0's are junior varsity.

As an edit, I do plan on researching a set of BFG Mud Terrains for my next SXS for all-around use.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the weight of the horns and have had success on my commander I just sold. Is there anything collar to the weight of the horns that's aggressive and good in the snow also. Really appreciate the feedback. The dealer said he would swap meet out some tires on my machine when it comes in so I'm torn on what to do!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about in the snow, in in PA and we do a good bit of riding in winter. Like I said I have had goods luck with the horns, but kinda want to try something different but without adding a bunch of weight.. The regulators don't really look that aggressive but they seem to get good reviews

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ride in Fayette county pa and preston county Wv. The commanders do great in the snow. Weight wise I'd say they are very close. I've had both and for the price difference you cant go wrong with the dirt commanders.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It would be best to pick a tire you will do most of your ridding in for the terrain conditions you are in.

Tensor Regulators is a great all terrain tire would be like a Mongrel in this video but will have less traction in some terrain conditions = 8-ply dot construction with nylon reinforcement layer.

Dirt Commanders is a great tire but not the best tire for hard surface or street use or smooth quiet ride = 8-ply rated bias tire.

Big Horn ( Originals ) great tire but not the best tire for street use or quiet ride = 6-ply radial construction.

I hope this information helps :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, that helps, seems like many reviews from the west on tires. I don't see any tires like these on anything around here. Everyone runs horns, pitbulls, or rip saws. I would be curious to see these run in our conditions. Idk would like to try something different but the horns are a good tire. Thanks for passing the video

·
Registered
25 Posts
The BFG KR2's are great tires. They are not DOT stamped, and they are pricey, but I have not heard a bad review on them. They are a very soft compound that should help them grip most everything even though the tread is not super aggressive. Lot's of desert racers are running them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts