Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a '19 SS 3 weeks ago. I wanted the White SS SE but there wasn't any available around me (Alabama). Anyways I wanted to try to get almost everything I wanted done right off the bat. Here's the list of Mods I hope to have finished in the next couple weeks.

* Finished or In-progress

Exterior
Custom Paint (Yamaha Blue)
*Custom Cage
Halo Headlight Rings
*Warn Axon 5500
*Custom Aluminum Bumpers
Custom Aluminum Tree Bars
*Maier Carbon Rear Fender Trim
Custom Aluminum Front Fender Trim
*Trail Armor 1/2" Skids
*32" Carnivores
*14x7 Raceline Mamba Beadlocks

Interior
*Maier Carbon Intake Cover
*X3 Retractable Seat Belts
Custom Flip Up Tablet/Console Cover
*Ebay Door Bags

Mechanical
*GYTR Gear Reduction
*Rayscar Design Gusset Kit
*X2 Shock Upgrade
*Alba SBD Kit w/Cams
*Custom Rear Swaybar
*Alba Heavy Hitter Flywheel
*Outlaw Racing Magnetic Drain Plugs
*Barnett Kevlar Friction Plates
True Isolator
Odyssey 925 Battery
*Custom Clutch Oil Mod

Resized_20190119_232815(2).jpeg

Resized_20190120_215334(2).jpeg

X3 Retractable Belts
Resized_20190120_221036(1).jpeg

Resized_20190119_233049.jpeg

Rayscar Frame Brace Kit
20190119_234708.jpg

Resized_20190120_231555.jpeg

Alba SBD Kit with Cams
Resized_20190119_174507(1).jpeg

32" Carnivores
Resized_20190110_201400(1).jpeg

Smaller custom rear sway bar
Resized_20190120_210623(2).jpeg

Resized_20190120_210642(2).jpeg

Made my own clutch oil mod. Clutch part off my Pioneer 1000 was almost perfect.
Resized_20190112_211948(2).jpeg

GYTR Reduction
Resized_20190111_205619(2).jpeg

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Do the 32" tires rub anywhere? With this big list of upgrades, I am surprised that a turbo is not on the list? Do you know who makes the gear reduction kit? I don't think it is Tubeworks based on a discussion I had with them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the 32" tires rub anywhere? With this big list of upgrades, I am surprised that a turbo is not on the list? Do you know who makes the gear reduction kit? I don't think it is Tubeworks based on a discussion I had with them.
I haven't ran these tires but did try my buddies 32" Terrabites. I did barely rub the point on the left fenderwell where the foot rest sticks out on a pretty hard left front landing. Outside of that, looks like a lot of clearance everywhere. 6-1 wheel. If I do a turbo, I'll probably just build it. All of my riding is more low speed or you have enough time to get to 50 and have to brake. I'm hoping the Alba kit and reduction will do almost anything I need with the 32's. Stock, powerwise I really couldn't tell much if any difference between the 29's and 32's. Not sure who made the gears. I saw some engraved numbers but no manufacturer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't ran these tires but did try my buddies 32" Terrabites. I did barely rub the point on the left fenderwell where the foot rest sticks out on a pretty hard left front landing. Outside of that, looks like a lot of clearance everywhere. 6-1 wheel. If I do a turbo, I'll probably just build it. All of my riding is more low speed or you have enough time to get to 50 and have to brake. I'm hoping the Alba kit and reduction will do almost anything I need with the 32's. Stock, powerwise I really couldn't tell much if any difference between the 29's and 32's. Not sure who made the gears. I saw some engraved numbers but no manufacturer.
I zoomed in on the pic and it does have a TW engraved so I would say it is still Tubeworks.
Screenshot_20190121-165025_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of updates on the YXZ.

Built a flip up magnetic tablet mount
Resized_20190211_214431(2).jpeg Resized_20190211_214449(2).jpeg

Front fender flares, half windshield. I did cut some width off the flares and cut a lot of the rear fenders off. I'm adding a rubber extension flare to all of them as I ride in tight woods a lot.
Resized_20190215_195120(1).jpeg

Full chassis gusset kit and managed to get the 5k Warn inside the frame.
Resized_20190220_211420(1).jpeg

Rock Sliders
Resized_20190217_145206(2).jpeg

Plastic paint
Resized_20190125_133459(3).jpeg

Drivetrain is back in. Alba SBD kit & cams are installed. I hope to get everything finish welded and paint the plastics this weekend. Should be able to finish reassembly next week and get the electrical finished next week also.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Those tires look MASSIVE. Everything about it looks fun, from spending the money to fabricating your own parts and getting to put it all together. I'd about have to put that one in the living room when your done. Oh wait! That probably is your living room lol. Enjoy it now because l'm thinking your going to drive the Hell out of it when your finished. Finished HA, next will be MORE POWER 8D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those tires look MASSIVE. Everything about it looks fun, from spending the money to fabricating your own parts and getting to put it all together. I'd about have to put that one in the living room when your done. Oh wait! That probably is your living room lol. Enjoy it now because l'm thinking your going to drive the Hell out of it when your finished. Finished HA, next will be MORE POWER 8D
The tires look about right at some angles and kinda big at other angles. I threw my buddies 32" terrabites on it before tearing down and it didn't hurt performance very much at all. Lot of changes at one time but I really wanted to knock out everything at once. I do pretty much live in my shop when I can. It will not be a trailer queen. I'll probably trash the plastics and have to bedliner it soon lol. Still have to finish electrical and some odd and in's but hopefully I'll be driving it this weekend.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got it together enough to go for a ride. Still need to paint the roof and a few other things. About the time I got it ready to drive this morning, i got to feeling bad and of course its the flu.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still have a few more things to do but close. The X2's ride a lot better than the stock single spring shocks did. I almost endo'ed at 40mph it on a motorcross track just messing around and didn't get any video of it. Probably about the most gnarly thing i've ever done haha. Ass end shot straight up and I rode the front wheels about 100' after landing and got stopped on top of a 180 deg berm. I had the shocks full loose on compression all around and was bottoming the fronts a little, pulled over and tightened the fronts 2 rounds and didn't touch the rears... very bad idea lol.

My smaller rear swaybar worked good. I really didn't notice a difference on the track but did flex a lot better.

Resized_20190316_154031(2).jpeg Resized_20190316_154021(2).jpeg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the turbo installed today. Its raining like crazy so I will not get to drive it till tomorrow. I primed the turbo, hooked the coils back up, hit the switch and it fired right up and purred. I will say it is a complete and well laid out kit. No missing parts, everything was bagged neat and together. Just under 3 weeks from the time I ordered till I received. The only modifications was to cut off the 2 arms that held the air injection unit, the original air intake is now the intercooler intake so a little plastic trimming and a hole for the intake tube to come up through the cover for the radiator cap. The turbo is on the smaller side but thats what I wanted. It starts building boost not far from idle and is pretty much peak boost at 5k rpm. They also have a Stage 2 option but requires 50/50 pump/race gas, 12psi and is over 200 hp to the wheel.

Resized_20190406_221543.jpeg Resized_20190406_221620.jpeg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What kind of turbo/size is it? From what the picture shows, I'm guessing the exhaust manifold is equal length too? Looks like a nice setup!
It's a Mitsubishi TD04. Not sure what series yet as there are a bunch of them. It is also water cooled and has the BOV integrated into the compressor. Not an equal length header. Think they were trying to keep it as short as possible for quicker spooling.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts