Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Let us know how it drives.

I'm trying to gather every scrap of info out there on what setup will be best for me. Hopefully by this fall, I'll have pulled the trigger on a setup.
pp14bnos- TD04 is on par (as far as spool) with the 2560 that comes with the RPM kit. Both are going to run out of efficiency around 15ish, so either is a great option if you plan to stay under that. The 2860 based turbo that came with my Push kit starts spooling around 5k, and I see about 1psi there. The GYTR kit also comes with a 2860. Those are efficient to the moon (25+).

That DLP kit looks really clean though, and looks like a great and user friendly choice!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got a chance to rip around the house with the new turbo. Very smooth, linear power. I think the gear reduction takes a little fun out of it as it goes through the gears so fast now. 2wd in my field is pretty much useless at any speed under boost. Even in 4wd I was having to drive it. I did order some 12 point 10mm head ARP header nuts to swap out as there is only enough room for an open end wrench on the stock nuts. I'm going to swap the rubber lines for the water cooling and oil drain to a braided line just as a precaution. Also going to fab a shield for the turbo and intake tube to help with any rock or stick damage. Very happy with the kit overall.

I also added the Tubeworks IRP, replaced the 1/2 disk with a full disk and added 1 more friction and steel. I swapped the steels out from the manual shift model as they are thinner and allows an extra friction and steel. With the IRP it is quieter shifting to D & R. Take off is smoother and didn't notice any issues downshifting and the clutch not locking up.

I am hoping to head out Friday for a 3 day trip in it and see how it does.

·
Registered
160 Posts
pp14bnos- TD04 is on par (as far as spool) with the 2560 that comes with the RPM kit. Both are going to run out of efficiency around 15ish, so either is a great option if you plan to stay under that. The 2860 based turbo that came with my Push kit starts spooling around 5k, and I see about 1psi there. The GYTR kit also comes with a 2860. Those are efficient to the moon (25+).

That DLP kit looks really clean though, and looks like a great and user friendly choice!
Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I installed the Teixeira Tech front lower a arms tonight. Perfect fit and nice tig welding. It did come with im guessing delrin bushings which i used but were a little tight on the stock sleeves. They are chromoly but the tubes sounded a little on the thin side. I'll be bashing them on rocks soon so i'll see how they hold up.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got to hit the trails today and check out the latest upgrades. Overall the machine did good. No issues outside of blowing a front CV 10 min into the ride. I swapped to warthog axles hoping they would be a little better than stock. I did have to run in diff lock a couple times and beat on it pretty good with just the 1 front axle and it held up. Guess I will decide on Turner or RCV front axles now. The turbo did good. A lot more fun to drive now. The heavy flywheel is a lot better crawling. The IRP did good. Still wish the gearing was a little lower for some of the more extreme crawling we do. I'm having to adjust my driving style and hit things a little faster but the suspension soaks up everything pretty good. I think a manual shift would probably be better than a SS for my riding so I might look into that later on and see what it would take to do a conversion.

Resized_20190413_142413.jpeg Resized_20190413_133019.jpeg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I added a port to access the trans dip stick. Worked pretty good by the cup holder. I also ordered a set of RCV front axles. Maybe the front diff will hold up for a while. Saw a guy on FB working on a new carrier with 2 more spider gears.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Went to the honda takeover ride and spanked up on some pioneers and talons with my pioneer and yxz haha. YXZ did really good. Pretty much cheating vs my pioneer buddies. My buddy drug a talon on the road with my yxz lol. I saw the talon jump him at the start and i asked him wth happened and he forgot it had launch mode and had to do it again haha. It will pull the front tires a foot on the street!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
About a month ago on my maiden voyage with the DLP turbo. Broke a front warthog axle the first time I put it in lock 10 min into the ride. Had to run diff lock a couple times with the 1 axle and it held up. I did finally make it up the hill. Had to get on it pretty hard though lol. I wish the video did the hill and ruts justice but they never do. The dlp turbo is awesome. No way I could have shifted and pulled 2nd without. I was having to baby the throttle when it spooled up. Stony Lonesome, AL.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do the 32" tires rub anywhere? With this big list of upgrades, I am surprised that a turbo is not on the list? Do you know who makes the gear reduction kit? I don't think it is Tubeworks based on a discussion I had with them.
I have save issue with 32" Terrabites even with a LoneStar LT but it really is a non-issue. Sounds bad but actually barely rubs at full bump with slight left turn.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I got the Teixeira lower front a arms and dented them on my first pretty easy ride. I actually asked him about flattening them dropping on rocks as i do a lot of rock crawling because the weight was lower than stock and he said no problems with any so far... I was definitely concerned when i recieved them as they sounded like around 0.062" when thumping them. Anyways my only option was to beef them up. I had some 1.5" x 0.120 dom tube that i split in half and tig'ed to the bottoms. Hopefully they will hold up for a while now.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I tig'ed up the wheel hub stud holes and converted them to a 137 pattern. I had several sets of tires and rims for my Honda so now I can swap them between machines. Plus most of the guys I ride with are in Hondas so I don't have to carry a separate spare.

Resized_20190526_220436.jpeg

21 - 40 of 56 Posts