Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well, St Anthony's claimed my machine as another victim. I threw a rod through the block. Not sure what caused it but hopefully it will be covered under the extended warranty. If anyone has any thoughts on possible causes that would be great.
2019 YXZ 1000 RSE
GYTR Turbo kit
Alba flash w/ slip on exhaust.
Pretty simple set up so I'm at a lost at why this happened. Not sure if the elevation at St Anthony's would have anything to do with it.

馃馃槼馃憥

Registered
PM me if you need help...

Registered
The 2019 rods are better than first gen rods, but they still aren't Carrillo or Crower.
Some guys are running the 19 rods around 250hp, some guys are breaking them at much lower, I鈥檓 wondering how much knock detection or good gas will help them survive

Registered
I have a blown motor currently on a 16鈥 gytr turbo. I put a window in my block before the turbo and Yamaha stood behind it. This time the motor got sandblasted because the turbo inlet became loose at the header. They鈥檙e trying to tell me because the turbo caused the problem my 5yr yes warranty is voided. They said the turbo only has a 1yr warranty regardless of the extended yes warranty and since the turbo caused the motor failure I鈥檓 on my own. I鈥檓 still fighting it. Happened last November. Good luck.

Registered
Where do you find ethanol free 91/93 gas? The only thing around me is 87 ethanol free.
I've been running 93 pump with VP Madditive in it (should be 100 octane with 1 can to 10 gals).

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I think you should have been running 100 octane for 8psi. I'm at 5.5-6 (factory setting) & its been doing fine.
According to Alba and Yamaha, pump gas is what's best for the bolt on GYTR Turbo kit. But maybe they are wrong

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Where do you find ethanol free 91/93 gas? The only thing around me is 87 ethanol free.
I've been running 93 pump with VP Madditive in it (should be 100 octane with 1 can to 10 gals).
We have 92 octane ethanol free gas near my house.

Registered
Ah nice, any more failure pics or updates from Yamaha? Looks like a rod defect or high rpm failure to me.

Registered
According to Alba and Yamaha, pump gas is what's best for the bolt on GYTR Turbo kit. But maybe they are wrong
Yea I'm sure Alba knows what they are talking about. I do remember Nate from alba specially said if i wanted to bump up the boost or put in some cams i'd have to run 100oct. I know a stock GYTR kit runs 5.5psi.. did you bump up the boost?

Registered
Well, St Anthony's claimed my machine as another victim. I threw a rod through the block. Not sure what caused it but hopefully it will be covered under the extended warranty. If anyone has any thoughts on possible causes that would be great.
2019 YXZ 1000 RSE
GYTR Turbo kit
Pretty simple set up so I'm at a lost at why this happened. Not sure if the elevation at St Anthony's would have anything to do with it.

馃馃槼馃憥

View attachment 116710 View attachment 116711

Registered
2019 YXZ 1000 RSE
GYTR Turbo kit

馃馃槼馃憥

View attachment 116710 View attachment 116711
I just blew my motor, 2020 YXZ GYTR Turbo, alba stage 2 flash. 8 psi.Tons of detination. 93 octane clear gas. Alba claims don't need 110 until 12psi...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts