Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just blew my motor, 2020 YXZ GYTR Turbo, alba stage 2 flash. 8 psi.Tons of detination. 93 octane clear gas. Alba claims don't need 110 until 12psi...
View attachment 116768
Well that blows (no pun intended for both of us). I just brought mine to the shop hoping that the YES warranty will cover it. After reading all the fine print in the YES contract I was able to check all the boxes so I am fairly confident I will get covered. ALBA will be receiving an order from me real soon for a built long block

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well that blows (no pun intended for both of us). I just brought mine to the shop hoping that the YES warranty will cover it. After reading all the fine print in the YES contract I was able to check all the boxes so I am fairly confident I will get covered. ALBA will be receiving an order from me real soon for a built long block
I'm going with a local builder and dyno tune, this plug and play tunes just aren't reliable imo

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE: Yamaha will be covering this event with a new long block. So glad i bought the YES warranty. The folks at my local dealership could not determine the cause of the failure but went to bat for me and got it covered. Thank you JESUS

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
These stories are so weird

I have been running a 16’ with 6psi turbo for 4 years now, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
UPDATE: Yamaha will be covering this event with a new long block. So glad i bought the YES warranty. The folks at my local dealership could not determine the cause of the failure but went to bat for me and got it covered. Thank you JESUS
Great news...very happy for you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
These stories are so weird

I have been running a 16’ with 6psi turbo for 4 years now, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too am baffled as tot he cause of my issue. GYTR turbo made for my engine and no other modifications. Weird is right

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Alba tune and slip on is not part of the turbo kit that would have been covered if dealer installed. Was the turbo dealer installed ?

Way cool you got it covered.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
UPDATE:

Picked up may machine from Yamaha yesterday, Motor was replaced under the YES warranty with a new motor. They also found my turbo spool free play out of tolerance so I had to pay for a turbo rebuild

A big thank you to my local Yamaha shop for going to bat for me and getting me a new motor. Now I just need to break her in and am also contemplating a power commander

·
Registered
15 Posts
2020 Yamaha 600 miles 35 hrs 2 oil changes already engine let go last night with 4 miles on the gytr turbo installed Yamaha said they will not not not cover it

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
2020 Yamaha 600 miles 35 hrs 2 oil changes already engine let go last night with 4 miles on the gytr turbo installed Yamaha said they will not not not cover it
That blows bro. I feel your pain
I am not sure if mine was covered because of the YES warranty or not. I feel like my dealer went to bat for me to get it covered. When I read the fine print on the YES warranty I felt like i was going to be covered it ended up being the best $900 or $1000 bucks i have ever spent (cant remember what I paid for the YES warranty)

Best of luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
That blows bro. I feel your pain
I am not sure if mine was covered because of the YES warranty or not. I feel like my dealer went to bat for me to get it covered. When I read the fine print on the YES warranty I felt like i was going to be covered it ended up being the best $900 or $1000 bucks i have ever spent (cant remember what I paid for the YES warranty)

Best of luck
The part that’s really screwed is it’s a top end failure not a bottom end

21 - 33 of 33 Posts