Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just blew my motor, 2020 YXZ GYTR Turbo, alba stage 2 flash. 8 psi.Tons of detination. 93 octane clear gas. Alba claims don't need 110 until 12psi...
View attachment 116768
Well that blows (no pun intended for both of us). I just brought mine to the shop hoping that the YES warranty will cover it. After reading all the fine print in the YES contract I was able to check all the boxes so I am fairly confident I will get covered. ALBA will be receiving an order from me real soon for a built long block

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well that blows (no pun intended for both of us). I just brought mine to the shop hoping that the YES warranty will cover it. After reading all the fine print in the YES contract I was able to check all the boxes so I am fairly confident I will get covered. ALBA will be receiving an order from me real soon for a built long block
I'm going with a local builder and dyno tune, this plug and play tunes just aren't reliable imo

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE: Yamaha will be covering this event with a new long block. So glad i bought the YES warranty. The folks at my local dealership could not determine the cause of the failure but went to bat for me and got it covered. Thank you JESUS

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
These stories are so weird

I have been running a 16’ with 6psi turbo for 4 years now, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
UPDATE: Yamaha will be covering this event with a new long block. So glad i bought the YES warranty. The folks at my local dealership could not determine the cause of the failure but went to bat for me and got it covered. Thank you JESUS
Great news...very happy for you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
These stories are so weird

I have been running a 16’ with 6psi turbo for 4 years now, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too am baffled as tot he cause of my issue. GYTR turbo made for my engine and no other modifications. Weird is right

21 - 27 of 27 Posts