Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
They beat their rigs pretty good. Thats the type of terrain and same areas where I ride. The 19 SS on stock tires is borderline for this. The clutch gets a pretty good workout and you do still have to hit some stuff a little harder than you want. The manual shift with '19 gears would be a better combo. Still a 70/30 or GYTR makes this easier on everything. A lot of our trails, you really need at least a 30" tire and a good skid plate.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SE SS
327 Posts
They beat their rigs pretty good. Thats the type of terrain and same areas where I ride. The 19 SS on stock tires is borderline for this. The clutch gets a pretty good workout and you do still have to hit some stuff a little harder than you want. The manual shift with '19 gears would be a better combo. Still a 70/30 or GYTR makes this easier on everything. A lot of our trails, you really need at least a 30" tire and a good skid plate.
Well said.
I've got 900 miles on my 19 SS SE with no issues.
It handles occasional technical stuff just fine. If that's all I did, I would consider gearing it even lower for the 30's I'm running.
But the video proved, it can handle some technical beating in stock trim.

Reading this forum has me leaning to keeping it stock.
Maybe a slip on Graves and a flash.
But real happy with the car.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1700 mile on my 2019 YXZ SS SE. I mounted 30" EFX Motorvators several months ago. They work great with stock gearing, been to Moab twice with them. They claw over the big rocks and steep climbs like a champ. I do have the SBD kit and PC5 (fuel controller) installed, very happy with my setup. Don't hit bottom much with these tires, they measure a full 30".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 yxz as bought it new put in the 70/30 reduction 30 in maxxis liberties everything else stock. 2200 miles don't ride quite as hard as you guys but I do love to rock crawling trail ride pretty much all I do. love the machine not had any trouble at all except for a tic in the motor that I can't get rid of. I did a slow full rollover landed on all four wheels started right back up obviously with the motor sounding like it was going to explode like when you change your oil that was a little scary the first time. I would love to know if there are quite a few other machines out there with that tick in the motor I've talked to headquarters and two local dealerships in my area. They told me that the Yamahas were just kind of noisy machines and that was normal I disagree.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2017 yxz as bought it new put in the 70/30 reduction 30 in maxxis liberties everything else stock. 2200 miles don't ride quite as hard as you guys but I do love to rock crawling trail ride pretty much all I do. love the machine not had any trouble at all except for a tic in the motor that I can't get rid of. I did a slow full rollover landed on all four wheels started right back up obviously with the motor sounding like it was going to explode like when you change your oil that was a little scary the first time. I would love to know if there are quite a few other machines out there with that tick in the motor I've talked to headquarters and two local dealerships in my area. They told me that the Yamahas were just kind of noisy machines and that was normal I disagree.
Call Weller Racing, Jason or Kyle. They have had lots of experience with the YXZ. Hess Motorsports is another good resource. I have owned two YXZ's, I have noticed a tic noise at times on cold startups. However, out on the trails performance has always been great and no rattles or squeaks in the cab. I have 17K miles between the two units.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
my 2016 had that click until I installed Manual cam chain tensioner . My buddy has same car and his engine is quite with the stock tensioner in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts