Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
At least it will be TURBO against TURBO against TURBO that's as fair as its going to get. Cool cant wait to see the outcome of this race.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Booo hooo ...

It's not FAIR ....

3 cylinders vs 2 cylinders....

Boohh hooo ...

It's just not FAIR.
Look who's back, Whats wrong r u still crying about Polaris beating the Can am up that hill? I was told that u were worried about it on the Can am forums. Got to give credit when credit is due Polaris turbo beating the Can am turbo. LOL

·
Registered
753 Posts
Look who's back, Whats wrong r u still crying about Polaris beating the Can am up that hill? I was told that u were worried about it on the Can am forums. Got to give credit when credit is due Polaris turbo beating the Can am turbo. LOL
LOL I could care less really. We'll have about 20 SxS at our October dune trip... at least 5 turbo's, you can beat your zztop albums we'll have the gopro's going.

You got to drive this yxz yet???

·
Registered
753 Posts
Oh and serious question ...

Will Boondocker's kit void all yamaha warranty?

Has anyone 100% confirmed that YES yamaha warranty will cover MPI turbo?

·
Registered
677 Posts
LOL I could care less really. We'll have about 20 SxS at our October dune trip... at least 5 turbo's, you can beat your zztop albums we'll have the gopro's going.

You got to drive this yxz yet???
Not yet nobody here has one to drive yet, But until then I just have to wait. I have time. And as for the turbo so far I hear only the mpi is but do not know for sure n really it doesn't matter to me, I like a non turbo engine. N do not need a turbo where I ride it would be a waste for me to get one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looked like the in the field race the na 900xp pulled the YXZ, sure it had the Alba kit but that's not turbocharged...and the 925 turbo smoked them all...it looks like the YXZ is a good machine, but it's going to need some help to keep up...it's a good start, and a good base to build from..but you all must agree you are going to have to build it...but I sure want to drive one !!!

Duane

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looked like the in the field race the na 900xp pulled the YXZ, sure it had the Alba kit but that's not turbocharged...and the 925 turbo smoked them all...it looks like the YXZ is a good machine, but it's going to need some help to keep up...it's a good start, and a good base to build from..but you all must agree you are going to have to build it...but I sure want to drive one !!!

Duane
Duane you can drive mine any time. Don..
Only problem is wife hates the yellow so now I have to wait for a blue one.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am sure the Boondocker's will void the warranty. But will the MPI void it? From what I heard if installed by Yamaha it will not void warranty? But then again I never talked to a dealer about it, Because I am not planning to get a turbo for mine if I get a YXZ.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Boondockers knows turbos. Hopefully they find a better spot for the intercooler, I don't like the MPI setup all trapped under the bed and over the engine where heat will rise right to it. Efficiency there would seem to be low at best. Plus lets get the turbo mounted right off the head for quick response please, not after a mile of exhaust tubing.

The best thing about the YXZ is that engine. That engine is a known quantity in the performance world and the selection of things for it will be HUGE in no time flat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Boondockers knows turbos. Hopefully they find a better spot for the intercooler, I don't like the MPI setup all trapped under the bed and over the engine where heat will rise right to it. Efficiency there would seem to be low at best. Plus lets get the turbo mounted right off the head for quick response please, not after a mile of exhaust tubing.

The best thing about the YXZ is that engine. That engine is a known quantity in the performance world and the selection of things for it will be HUGE in no time flat.
Yea, it is not like there is a space limitation on locating the turbo closer to the motor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yea, it is not like there is a space limitation on locating the turbo closer to the motor.
Just guessing at this but I would think that keeping the turbo out of harms way of debris, water, mud, etc., would be good and might have been why MPI located it there... just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am sure the Boondocker's will void the warranty. But will the MPI void it? From what I heard if installed by Yamaha it will not void warranty? But then again I never talked to a dealer about it, Because I am not planning to get a turbo for mine if I get a YXZ.
Yes the MPI will void the warranty. That came from a Yamaha rep. The warranty is only 6 months and it will be expired by the time I get the YXZ to Boondocker for install anyway next spring.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes the MPI will void the warranty. That came from a Yamaha rep. The warranty is only 6 months and it will be expired by the time I get the YXZ to Boondocker for install anyway next spring.
Spot on. Just gotta get to about the 112th line in the warranty contract to see that accessories are grounds for warranty denial. Doesn't matter who's name is on it. Until is installed at the factory, no dice.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I asked my dealer about a putting a turbo on mine .They said if it comes in for warranty work .They didn't see any turbo on it that's all.their really a great dealer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts