Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 yxz 1000r ss se 36.9 hours and 541 miles on the car. It has a GYTR turbo kit installed. That was purchased from J&J in Huron. The car runs great when it's first started and is running for about the first hour. After that if you come to slower speeds or to a stop the idle will Bounce between 900 and 1300 rpm. During that time when you press the throttle the car will stall. I'll go to restart the car it will fire then then die. If the car sits and cools it will start but again will idle low or rough. The Throttle is very unresponsive from a stop. You have to mash and the gas to get it to go. There's no smooth acceleration from a stop once it begins to do the bouncing idle. The closest comparison I can think of is when a dirt bike is idling low and you twist the throttle and the bike dies. It almost seems as if the idle needs to be raised but there no idle adjustments on the YXZ that I know of. I have spoken with the previous owner and this has never happened to him however he didn't ride the car much and may have no had it out enough to run into this. I can provide videos and any further explanations if needed. I've searched everywhere I can think of looking for a solution but I'm unable to find anything similar to this. Thank you again for your help. If I can think of anything else that may help I will shoot you a text and please feel free to call or text anytime with questions. I appreciate this very much. My name is Nate is my number is (216) 502-1233. Thank you again

·
Registered
89 Posts
2017 SS SE recently acting similar, would stumble/miss when adding gas. Turned out to be one of the ignition coils 3/4 of the way down was arcing to ground. Hard to see small arc path on lower rubber. New coil runs great again.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yeah it almost sounds electrical and when the car gets “heat soaked” from running.

It’s runs fine when it completely cools off again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if I let it cool once the problem starts it will not totally stop it but it does seem to alleviate the issue slightly. Heat soaked I guess could be a good term for it. I have just put no ignition coils in it. I haven’t had time to take it out tho to see if that was the issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts