Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update: they are taking his chest tubes out this AM. He has been doing well, we will probably move out of ICU, today. They are hoping to move him to rehab as soon as Monday.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
He has surprised us alot today. He is feeding himself and eating double portions, he seems to not be able to get full He was up, taking a couple steps with help and a walker. Really tired him out. He was able to talk to his mom on the phone. His wife also had him reading word lists to her this afternoon. And he is communicating better with her and the Drs. We are rejoicing with every accomplishment. Also is remembering more and more of the past that even a few days ago didn't know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Today marks 2 weeks! And with rejoicing we moved to rehab this afternoon. We don't know how long we will be here, but it's one step closer to coming home. We are grateful to God for his mercies to us! Darin is more like himself everyday. Today they took out his port, and removed the heart monitor. So he doesn't have attachments anymore. Tomorrow he starts speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. He is ready to do things again, tired of his bed n chair.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Day 15: Today was his first day of therapy, he said he likes doing it! Which is good. He is ready to get thru this and come home. He is alot steadier now with his walking,(someone always helps him yet) and doesn't need as much help other things. Today they announced no more visitors in the hospital, so I guess we won't be seeing him till he's home. ( Due to covid 19) So we are praying for another Miracle, that he is soon through therapy and can come home!!!!

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You guys have been in my thoughts and am glad that he seems to be making progress. Have you been able to get the story out of him on the crash ? Does he remember anything? How did it happen? Not that it’s that important it’s just something that maybe when he is better you can look back and laugh about it hopefully.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You guys have been in my thoughts and am glad that he seems to be making progress. Have you been able to get the story out of him on the crash ? Does he remember anything? How did it happen? Not that it’s that important it’s just something that maybe when he is better you can look back and laugh about it hopefully.
He is getting a lot closer to that point,he is good enough off that we can talk to him on the phone, is still a bit lethargic and doesn't comprehend some things but every day things are getting clearer although so far yet he doesn't remember the crash at all...but yes I agree with you,it would be VERY interesting to hear his side of the story!

·
Registered
120 Posts
WOW! Seems like he's on a great recovery track. It's good to hear a positive these days. Tell him to keep up the good work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Day 21: Darin keeps improving!! We only know what he tells us, as we can't be with him due to covid 19. He told me they took his walker away, he has someone walking with him yet. He just wants to come home, he keeps saying surely I could do this therapy at home. Nobody told him how long he is going to be there, because we don't want him to give up. Him and his wife video chat everyday, and today he looked better. He is finally on a regular diet, no more soft food only. Everytime I talk to him he seems more like himself. I only update as I know something new. Not being able to see him improving, it's hard to actually know what's for sure happening.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We'll have gotten word that he is taking to the therapy well and is going to come home on Tuesday!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very happy to hear he’s doing good. My brother fell off a scooter goin 15 mph and had brain hemorrhaging and was rushed into brain surgery. He recovered fine, but it’s crazy how quick that stuff can go bad. Sounds like your brother’s crash was rough, I almost wonder how much a helmet would’ve helped in that case.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Very happy to hear he’s doing good. My brother fell off a scooter goin 15 mph and had brain hemorrhaging and was rushed into brain surgery. He recovered fine, but it’s crazy how quick that stuff can go bad. Sounds like your brother’s crash was rough, I almost wonder how much a helmet would’ve helped in that case.
After hearing that the doctors think that all the damage was a result of violent twisting,I doubt that it would have helped,in fact any extra ounce of weight on his head could have caused his neck not to take it, could've possibly been worse but who knows!? It absolutely all happens to quickly,you just never know how the day might turn out!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well, bother came home on Tuesday and slipped in a part day at work yesterday!!! But more or less just to talk with everyone and such, but is also helping his wife do the chores for his 20,000 bird, chicken barn again! Also gets me of the hook from helping him chore!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Wow what a journey so far . I bet you are relived. Glad he is up and about . Get rid of the Raptor and trade it for a cage and harness.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wow what a journey so far . I bet you are relived. Glad he is up and about . Get rid of the Raptor and trade it for a cage and harness.
Ever so much received,no more worrying when you get a notification on your phone that it'll be bad news about him! And yeah, his wife says NEVER again is a wheeler being bought...whatever the next ride is,it's going to have 2 seats and a cage!! I'd say they are on the right track!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts