Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m think of getting a yxz from in California; coming from New Mexico. But I was wondering if units from Cali are either tuned differently or have a extra smog equipment compared to a yxz from another state? Looking at 2020s or 2019s.

Is there any performance disadvantage to the California units? Or anything else I should be aware of?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was looking at buying one just about a month ago. Make sure you ask the OTD price, the add price is not even close and at least for Oregon buyers you either have to have a shipping company pick the unit up or if you pick it up yourself you have to pay Cali sales tax.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I see that my friends 19 has a vapor recovery canister right next to the oil tank and my 16 does not . My guess would be they were all made to pass calif emissions like the auto industry does . But this is just a guess .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought one from Wheels In Motion Yamaha, in Chatsworth, Ca. Their OTD price was better (even with Ca. tax) than I could have a family member in Oregon buy one.
After talking to Ca. and Oregon dealers, They told me that if I got one in Or., then brought it into Ca. I would not be able to register it here due to smog laws. I guess that the SN reflects weather it is Ca. compliant or not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just bought one from Wheels In Motion Yamaha, in Chatsworth, Ca. Their OTD price was better (even with Ca. tax) than I could have a family member in Oregon buy one.
After talking to Ca. and Oregon dealers, They told me that if I got one in Or., then brought it into Ca. I would not be able to register it here due to smog laws. I guess that the SN reflects weather it is Ca. compliant or not.
That may or may not be true. Lots of California models are sold in others states.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts