Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Team YXZ, need some help. Besides driving to pick it up, does anybody have recommendation on shipping a new cage reasonably? I have found myself in quite a quandary given that the cage I want through one vendor is only 1 state away but can only secure shipping at $500+. That to me is just nearing a deal breaker. I'm thinking maybe uShip or something. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
What's the cost of a rent a container shipped? There are a ton of those small pod container companies out there. maybe the rental of the pod and shipping is more reasonable? I know a friend shipped some boat parts internationally that way. Was a ton cheaper than standard shipping.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Is your shipping quote to your home residence? I had cage shipped to me and it was MUCH cheaper to have it delivered to commercial address. Just a thought

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What the hell, Bob? I didn't know you guys were building one. Where's the noise?

Is your shipping quote to your home residence? I had cage shipped to me and it was MUCH cheaper to have it delivered to commercial address. Just a thought
Don't think it matters on this one for some reason. It's a bummer because their competitor 9 miles away ships theirs for hundreds less. I think this is just a case of not having the connections in place to get it done a different way. It's a great product. I just have a hard time paying 25% extra in shipping. At least there is a 7% savings on tax?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Do the logistics, and see if it is worth going to get it yourself. Do you have a truck that gets decent gas mileage? OK, stop laughing, but if you do, make a day trip, go there throw it in the bed, come back. Gas is pretty cheap right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Team YXZ, need some help. Besides driving to pick it up, does anybody have recommendation on shipping a new cage reasonably? I have found myself in quite a quandary given that the cage I want through one vendor is only 1 state away but can only secure shipping at $500+. That to me is just nearing a deal breaker. I'm thinking maybe uShip or something. Any suggestions?
Where is the cage located ? I am going to LA on Saturday and might be able to help you get it back to the Bay Area.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where is the cage located ? I am going to LA on Saturday and might be able to help you get it back to the Bay Area.
Thanks for the offer bud. Unfortunately, they're out of AZ.

I'd pick it up Hollywood but you know the old adage, time is money. If I drive, I won't be able to afford to buy it anyway if missing work.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's the cost of a rent a container shipped? There are a ton of those small pod container companies out there. maybe the rental of the pod and shipping is more reasonable? I know a friend shipped some boat parts internationally that way. Was a ton cheaper than standard shipping.
I checked into this and it's a little cheaper but not enough for the hassle. I just don't understand how one place is $170 and another is $600 in the same area. KILLING ME

1 - 15 of 15 Posts